Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jun 16, 2004, 6:16 PM   #1

:?I purchased a 256 SanDiskmemory stick pro from costo for my new replacement f717 that arrived today. The stick works fine in the camera but when I put it in my 4in1 flash card memory stick adaptor to load in pc I get a message that reads, Please Insert a disk into hardrive H (my removable hard drive). I havent had this problem with other memory sticks. I checked on web and noted that instructions for pro series indicates myXP profofessionalshouldnt need a driver. I am curious what might be preventing the stick being read. Is it possible I just need a different flash card adaptor. Thanks for any help. Fuzzy
fuzzybydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 17, 2004, 12:24 AM   #2
Administrator

I would have to guess that your adapter does NOT support the Memory Stick Pro cards. If it is more than a year old then I'm practically certain that is what your problem is. Memory Stick Pro cards have a different bit density than the original Memory Stick cards and require newer adapters and card readers.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 12:47 AM   #3

Thanks Steve. Now which adaptor do I buy or how do I know any I findwill support the pro series? By the way, I run my adaptor thru the slot in my Epson 825 photo printer, for ease of operation. Just checked compatibility with SanDisk and found there is none, excluding adaptors so could it be a problem with my epson vs adaptor. Due to configuration of my tower, I prefer to load from the adaptor vs usb cable to tower. Besides last time I loaded directly from my sony to computer, I started having problems with the memory sticks I have. Seemed they were corrupted or something by the process. I had never used the USB prior and hope not to again because of it. Thanks Fuzzy
Old Jun 17, 2004, 1:27 AM   #4
Administrator

Go here:

http://ec.transcendusa.com/index.asp?exid=67

Click on the "5 in 1 Adapter" link on the right side of the page. This one supports Memory Stick Pro as well as most other formats - cost $18.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 1:47 AM   #5

:|Great Thanks Steve. Knew if anyone would know, you would or someone on your site would. I need one quickly by weekend for extended photo shoot in redding and need adaptor that will fit my Picture pad too. Will check net to see if office depot etc has them so I can get locally, otherwise will order. Great price and great help, thanks.

Ps, I originally used your site first to buy my first digital Sony f707, have browsed your reviews constantly as I expand my photo skills and goals and have referred virtually all my friends with cameras or interested in learning more to your site. I believe its the best on the web, for newbie or pro alike!!! just wanted to pat your back a bit with some Kudos while I had the chance. Thanks for all you do for guys and gals like me. Fuzzy