Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jun 27, 2004, 7:59 PM   #1

What is the best software to use to edit photo's

I have the following software

Microsoft Picture It Photo 7.0

Arcsoft Photo Studio 5.5

Dell Picturte Studio

Dazel Photo Editor

I have a Canon 1S IS camera and Panasonic 3CCD camcorder that also shots stills.

My system operating system is XP Home.

My editing requirements at this time are very simple. Shoot, crop, resize to 5 x 7 and print two prints on a sheet of 8 1/2" x 11 paper.
obrien040362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2004, 12:50 PM   #2

I use Photoshop 7 and Ulead PhotoImpact 7. I bought the Ulead for about $10 on ebay.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2004, 4:43 PM   #3

Well personally I use Photoshop and I don't know any of the software you are talking about. However, I read about Microsoft Picture It Photo 7.0 on Microsoft Website and I supposed it will match all feature you are looking for.

Cheers
hawKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2004, 4:52 PM   #4

I have the ArcSoft program, as well as Photoshop 6.0 by Adobe. I think that the ArcSoft would do the trick, and probably the Microsoft one would too, although my neice has that one and for some reason she dislikes it a lot, but I don't know for what reason. ArcSoft isn't real hard to get a handle on, and it's what I use for quick, simple editing, although it's not the most powerful photo editor by any means.

If it were me, I'd at least try the ones you have and just see what you like the feel of best, there's no point spending extra money if you don't have to, especially if you're only doing simple stuff.
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2004, 7:49 PM   #5

Usually, the BEST software to use is the one you feel most comfortable with and can do the majority of features you need.

I currently use Microsoft Digital Image Pro 7.0 and had to adjust my method of how to get what I wanted, but it works quite well for me!
JerryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2004, 8:51 PM   #6

JerryF has it right: the best editing software for you is the one you know how to use. Pick one of your programs and learn how to use it. When you find that you want to do something it won't do, that is the time to look into a different program.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2004, 8:51 PM   #7

I use Paint Shop Pro 8. Great Program IMO.
Falcor200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2004, 9:42 PM   #8

I have Photoshop Elements, Corel Photopaint 10, and Microsoft Digital Image Pro 7.

I have found myself using several programs to get what I want done. Use the software you aremost comfortable with.
Chako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 3:38 AM   #9

As well all the high-powered image editors mentioned by everyone else (I use Paint Shop Pro 7.04), get the freeware 'irfanview' plus all its add-ons from www.irfanview.com, because it'll make quickly comparing and amending results a lot easier.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote