Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Sep 17, 2002, 1:34 PM   #1

Default Printer Suggestion?

A printer suggestion

I am looking for a printer that can print with ease with a few keystrokes and mouse movement. Meaning, when the floor employees use this camera, I want them to be able to print easily with little knowledge of computers. Any suggestions of programs and/or printers? PC-compatible
Br1ang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2002, 12:31 PM   #2

If you get an epson you will will be able to save settings so all they have to do is select that saved setting and print. For e.g. I have mine set-up to print photos and all I have to do is select the photos setting and all the other parameters such as DPI, paper type, etc spring to life - simple.

Personally, I believe epsons are best for photos.

I use powerpoint for printing as it is very WYSIWYG
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2002, 3:33 PM   #3

Gotta tell ya, I bought an Epson Photo 820 and have been *amazed* at its quality and ease of use. For $100 (after rebate)? Just go buy one. You'll love it. I bought mine at either Best Buy or CompUSA - can't remember - but I highly recommend this printer.

If you do get it, make sure you get the Premium Glossy Paper if you're going to be printing alot of photos. Really makes a difference.

Norm
norm911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2002, 4:23 PM   #4

Default Hp Printer

I would recommend the HP5550. You can also save the settings.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2002, 6:34 PM   #5

Default Epson or Canon

Either get an Epson or Canon photo printer. Stay away from the HP line like the one BR1ang suggested as its only a 4 color printer were the Epson and Canons are 6 color printers. What that means is that they have 6 differnt colors of ink to produce the picture which typiclly prints better photos. Which Epson or Canon printer depends on how much you want to spend and how big a photo you want to print.
dc9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2002, 7:55 PM   #6

Default HP Printer

The HP 5550 is a six color printer. You can opt to have only 4 colors for normal printing or insert the Photo printer cartridge to have six color printing. The HP 7000 series printers are also six color printers.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2002, 9:50 PM   #7

I have the Canon 9000 and have used it with Olympus cameras (D-550 and D-40). The 4 X6's (and any other size up to 13 X 19) can be outputted borderless or with border. The ouput is fast and looks great - manual claims 37 seconds for 4 X 6. I just did an 8 X 10 today in less than a minute. And it is quieter than the HP or Epson.

The software from Canon is very intuitive and "goof-proof" with a simple 3 step procedure with straightforward gui - pick photo, select media, chooze layout. That's it. THREE KEYSTROKES!!Cropping is a breeze, too.

Price is high end for personal use MSRP is about $499 but you can get less expensive models utilizing same software types and dimensions of media will be less.
shotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2002, 9:21 AM   #8
lg

Default Epson C80 suggested

If you're using Windows XP, the Photo Printing Wizard makes it easy to print photos regardless of the printer used. I can heartily recommend the Epson C80 printer - it's fast, prints excellent photos, and only costs about $150.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote