Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Sep 17, 2002, 6:17 PM   #1

Default New problem. Please help

All of the posts have been very general. I've been reading my posts and it sounds too general. Here is the breakdown of what I am looking for:

1. I will be mounting the camera on the wall. I will have no access to the flash card. Will I be able to delete the files in the flash card from my PC if constantly connected via USB? Or is the best option to get a high memory flash card and just delete it every month or two?
2. I have found cameras with wireless remote controls. I am looking for a remote that has ONE button, to take the picture.
3. A high quality printer that can either connect directly to the camera or from the pc. I have looked at the HP Photosmart 7550 with the LCD preview display and that is out of range, price wise. How is the Canon CP-10 Card printer and HP photosmart 130(compact printers). I'm looking for volume(less than 100 pictures a day). I need a printer that can handle that volume.

The main concern is the ability to delete the images from the flash card using my pc.

Can anyone help me with this whole situation?
Br1ang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2002, 6:32 PM   #2

Default What resolution?

How big are the prints you want to make? If you establish that it will make things much simpler.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2002, 6:39 PM   #3

The pictures will be either 4x6 or 5x7. Always. Never 8 1/2x 11 or legal size. Always photo size.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 1:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by Br1ang
1. I will be mounting the camera on the wall. I will have no access to the flash card. Will I be able to delete the files in the flash card from my PC if constantly connected via USB? Or is the best option to get a high memory flash card and just delete it every month or two?
See your other post; no, the cam can't behave as a "webcam" , you need to push, turn ,some button to get the pics, and to delete them.

Quote:
2. I have found cameras with wireless remote controls. I am looking for a remote that has ONE button, to take the picture.
You can manage to build a remote with 1 stroke , the cam will focus, and shoot when the af just locked; or set the focus to manual , predetermined focus

Quote:
3. A high quality printer that can either connect directly to the camera or from the pc. I have looked at the HP Photosmart 7550 with the LCD preview display and that is out of range, price wise. How is the Canon CP-10 Card printer and HP photosmart 130(compact printers). I'm looking for volume(less than 100 pictures a day). I need a printer that can handle that volume.
Whoa ... I have no idea, let others lead you to something.

Quote:
The main concern is the ability to delete the images from the flash card using my pc.
See your other post

Quote:
Can anyone help me with this whole situation?
We are trying hard

Keep cool, there is always a solution, it's just technical matter
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2002, 9:59 AM   #5
NHL

Br1ang

With most Canon digital cameras, their softwares can control the camera (ie remote capture / delete / print pictures) from any USB port.

[Edited on 9-18-2002 by NHL]
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2002, 1:29 PM   #6

Any specific Canon Camera? How about the Powershot G2? That camera seems very nice and high quality
Old Sep 18, 2002, 8:42 PM   #7
NHL

Default Remote Capture

Yeap

You can do that on the G2 (as well as most other Canon digicams):
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2001_reviews/g2_pg7.html

Bear in mind that the software is now updated to a newer version that you can download from the Canon site, and the G2 is now updated to the G3...
Old Sep 18, 2002, 8:54 PM   #8

This is ... advanced

Why other manufacturer did not offer this routinely ? and why just Canon ?
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2002, 10:00 PM   #9
NHL

Each manufacturer has some good and bad points. Can't have them all otherwise we would have so many brands... Eventually all the good features will be emulated by everyone! especially if it's just a driver for the USB port...

Remember our CP990s, they did it albeit through the serial port instead. I bet you all the cameras support it, but they don't publish the control codes for the USB (unlike the Firewire where all the commands are standardized!), so 3rd party vendor can't eat their cake I guess.