Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jul 6, 2004, 10:56 AM   #1

Okay, I realize that these are two very different cameras with unique differences between them (not least of all that one is a dSLR and one a digital cam!). What I want to know is this:

What is the difference in clarity/noise between these two cameras?

Every site I've been to seems to give a different view on this. One site shows fantastic, clear pics from the Rebel, another shows fantastic, clear pics from the C-8080. And usually those same sites show the opposite camera to have a 'not-so-great image'.

I'm seriously thinking about going dSLR at this point, but the C-8080 images I've seen at some sites make me think twice about it. What is the concensus here? Is this a dumb question (meaning, dSLR is the 'no-brainer' here)?

Thanks for your time!
kristv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2004, 11:50 AM   #2

I made the jump from the prosumer camera (Nikon 5700) to the Canon Digital Rebel. I know that I will not go back to the prosumer market. One of the drawbacks of the DSLR is you will spend more money buying the lenses to meet your photography needs. You will have more stuff to carry around but the quality of photos is worth the effort. If you do not want to move in this direction the 8080W may be the best of the 8mp group.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2004, 12:07 PM   #3
Administrator

Some Pros and Cons

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...150740#p150740

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2004, 2:43 PM   #4

Thanks for the great input, guys! I'm leaning more towards the Canon now. I kinda figured the dSLR was going to be the winner to begin with!
kristv is offline   Reply With Quote