Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Sep 20, 2002, 8:11 AM   #1
gaz

Default Picc's a little dark

Have just purchased a Sony DSCs85. The piccs are a little dark compared to my old Kodak DX3900 which I was very happy with. Is there a setting that will "generally" give a lighter shot in auto mode as the camera was primarilly purchased for my wife as a point and shoot camera.
gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2002, 10:28 AM   #2

The little +/- button to the left of the screen adjust exposure compensation just click it up a couple of notches.
whittonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2002, 4:04 PM   #3

besure to check that you didn't accidently hit the spot metering button when you taking the picture. If you set the camera on the spot metering, and aim the camera to bright subject, you will get underexposure pictures. The spot meter measure the light that reflect from the subject in a very small angle of view, and very useful if you know how to use it, but will give you bad rresult if the application of this mode is not use correctly.
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2002, 6:04 PM   #4
gaz

Well I tried all suggested and I am still unhappy with the picc results. I have even increased the sharpness to the max and still not happy with the resulte. It seems that this camera just produces picc's in softer & darker tones than what I preferr !! Thanks you to those who replied. Your service is appreciated.
gaz is offline   Reply With Quote