Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Sep 24, 2002, 11:41 AM   #11

Default fast camera

I wouldnt get a E100-RS as its only 1.5 mega pixel, its fast but thats way to low in mega pixels. But i guess it would depend what you want to do with your pictures. As Padeye said you should be panning along with the bike and then take the shot. If your having trouble getting a focus lock while panning many of the newer cameras wont have much problem with that.

Fast camera of choice would be a Fuji 602Z 1/10000 max shutter speed and 5 frame per second, plus it has what called "final five" were it starts taking pictures in burst mode and when you let go of shutter it saves the last 5 pictures. 3 mega pixel. 6 X optical zoom. If you dont want to spend so much i would look for a fast focusing camera and just pan along with the bikes and shoot that way. Oh by the way the Fuji 602Z has one of the fastest focusing i have ever used.
dc9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2002, 1:37 PM   #12

So if i buy a newer, more expensive camera the shutter and auto focus will be generally quick on them? I think thats just what i need, quick focus and a good quick shutter speed. I was looking at the new f717 from sony, and im willing to spend that much. People talk about its low light capabilities, but if anyone has any other comparable suggestions, i would appreciate it! i hate shopping for this stuff.....
madbustedplastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2002, 5:28 PM   #13

nevermind, went out on lunch, got a good deal on the f707.
madbustedplastic is offline   Reply With Quote