Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Sep 28, 2002, 9:45 PM   #1

Default E-100RS questions

I hope this will be my last question post on this particular camera subject. I am considering the purchase of an Olympus E-100RS for the purpose of sports photography. Mostly high school football at night, high school basketball indoors and high scholl baseball (daylight). Question #1 Will the autofocus of this camera follow the action as the distance to the subject changes (continuos autofocus)? #2 How well will the E-100RS focus in low light? #3 Does any one know of a good place to purchase this model? I can't even find one used. #4 Since these shoot at 15 fps do they have a tendency to wear out quickly? Thank you for your time.
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2002, 12:48 AM   #2

I can only reply to the question #3.

You can buy a refurbished directly from Olympus, they are selling it for $449.
They might be out of stock at this point of time, keep checking the site when they are in stock.

http://emporium.olympus.com/innards/...ub_category=22
ajitkataria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2002, 1:01 PM   #3
lg

Quote:
Originally posted by bluesman
...Question #1 Will the autofocus of this camera follow the action as the distance to the subject changes (continuos autofocus)?
Yes, it will, although for fast action you may find it better to pre-focus and then take your shots. Since you mentioned you would be taking actions football pics at night, you may run into lighting problems where your camera blurs images because of slow shutter speeds. You may want to purchase a good external flash for this item on your list.
Quote:
#2 How well will the E-100RS focus in low light?
Because of the focus assist light, it will focus very well, even in complete darkness.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote