Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Oct 2, 2002, 10:04 AM   #1

Default digital to photofinisher

We often send out multiple copies of family photos. If I switch to digital how can I get the image to a local store for printing? I have a cd burner if that is useful
plschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 2, 2002, 10:38 AM   #2

There are websites like ofoto and dotphoto where you can upload your photos and have prints mailed out or stop by your local wolf camera shop or walmart with your CD and have them make prints.
whittonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2002, 10:39 AM   #3

Default Photo finishing

I burn my photos to cd after I have edit them. The family takes them to Walmart and Walmart develops them. I believe the cost is 27 cents per photo.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2002, 1:10 PM   #4

thanks gibson and whitten:
Thanks. Was afraid I might have to get a printer too! But with your info I just went out and bought my first digi_ a Canon A40.
plschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2002, 3:52 PM   #5

Default Great

Congrats, have fun, the digital world is alot of fun.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2002, 10:24 AM   #6

burn them as jpegs on cd and print them at costco...good deals for 4x6...its the cheapest i've seen....maybe there is better deals ...not sure....or if you don't have many pics...you can bring your memory card to places like camera west...and print right on the spot...not sure the quality of that though...never tried it
mrdinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2002, 8:03 PM   #7

I might point out that this is a great use for those tiny CF cards that come packed with cameras. After editing the files (cropping, color correcting) I upload them to the 16 M card that came with the camera (10-20 fit depending on camera and compression used). This way I am not buying a CD when I just want a few prints (the idea of digital is only to print the best ones) and not risking my 256 card in the process.
dougsmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2002, 8:19 AM   #8
lg

Default How much for 4 x 6 prints?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdinh
burn them as jpegs on cd and print them at costco...good deals for 4x6...its the cheapest i've seen....maybe there is better deals ...not sure....or if you don't have many pics...you can bring your memory card to places like camera west...and print right on the spot...not sure the quality of that though...never tried it
I've only used the Kodak kiosk at Wal-Mart to make my own 4 x 6's, and it's about $0.47/print. Just how good is the price at Costco?
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2002, 10:28 AM   #9

8) Here in Cerritos in So California Walmart is $0.29 for a matte finish 4 x 6 Fuji Frontier print, Walgreens $0.29 for a glossy Fuji Frontier, Savon $0.39 for a glossy Kodak Gretag, & Costco $0.20 for glossy Noritsu prints. All print at 300 dpi except the Noritsu which is 400 dpi...Harvey
ltdedorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2002, 4:42 PM   #10

One post mentioned Internet photo services, will their servers cope with receiving 50Megs of files, I don't want to send VGA res! I've always suspected these services are for the 'happy snapper' on a 28K modem!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote