Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Aug 31, 2004, 9:58 PM   #1

I originally had the canon powershot a300, everything worked fine for a month, I bought it august 1st and then about a week ago it stopped letting me upload my pictures, I have the usb cord plugged into my pc and into the camera, I have no idea why all the sudden this happened, sometimes is says no camera found, sometimes it says no camera connected, and sometimes it does nothing at all, when I used to plug the wire in and turn the camera on to upload the pics, a window would pop up right away with 4 options on which program to use and I always selected zoom ex browser, not that window wont even pop up, it will pop up once in a while IF I turn the camera off, right after I turn it off the window pops up...I dont know what to do, I was thinking maybe it was my internet at first, it seemed to start doing it when I switched from verizon dsl to comcast cable internet... so today I switched from the a300 and exhcanged it for the a310 and still get the same problems...

can anyone help me? I have no clue what else to do, I tried reinstalling the problems several times and still the same thing...
Pentheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2004, 1:07 AM   #2

It seems to me, that you have to uninstall the USB driver and then reinstall the one that came with the camera.

If you have other USB devices, that shares the driver, this could also be a problem - I experienced that myself.

I don't think this has anything to do with your internet.

Best thing you can do is to buy a card reader and make it resident in you computer all the time. This way you don't have to joggle with the units.

Good luck.

Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2004, 4:20 PM   #3

how do i uninstall and reinstall the driver?

I have 3 usb ports on my computer if you needed to know =\ i have no idea what im doing.
Pentheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2004, 4:42 PM   #4

DID you reinstall Zoombrowser? Do it - if not. First uninstall through the controlpanel. If this does not work...

First check that the USB driver actual are resident on the CD that came with your camera. You will need it later...

If so...

Uninstall:

Control panel - system- hardware - device manager - and find the USB controller, that usually is last listed. Choose USB mass storagedevice. Right click - uninstall.

When done - reinstall with the CD from your camera, without connecting your camera. Reboot. Then connect your camera.

If you're at total novice - dont fool around with this - buy a cardreader, which probably will solve your problem right away!

(All this said ...the problems can sometimes be caused by, you are using USB2 ports and devices, that you installed after you installed your USB 1.0 camera. Some USB devices cannot manage USB2 port! Then you have to go to the setup of the entire PC..but do be very careful)

Try raising your question in the CANON forum.I've heard about Zoombrowser problems before in there!

Good luck!

Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote