Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Oct 5, 2004, 1:58 PM   #1

I was all set to purchase the R300M (Steve's review)when Epson released the R320. The only information that I have found on the R320, is Epson's canned release blurp. Can anyone tell me just what is the difference between these two printers? Does the R300M have a flaw in it that's corrected in the R320?..or are there some added features? I also read a customer's review, (Amazon feedback I think) that said the color monitor on the R300M was "grainy". Can anyone give me a better dseciption of the resolution than that? I'm wheelchair bound and don't get out much, so I do most of my buying online. I rely on forums and feedback from owners to help me buy produsts with the least amount of problems.
Thanx...Sealevel
sealevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2004, 3:31 PM   #2

I really cannot see any difference between the two, other than a price drop of $30.00 and a very slight name change. When i read the specs for the R320, which is not available here ( U.K ), i thought i was reading about my own R300. I'm sure someone else might be able to detect a difference but i can't. Sorry i don't know about the resolution, or lack of, of the monitor as I bought the R300 ( without monitor ) as i did not see the point of one when i had no intention of relying on such a small screen and i can't manage without my editing software. Perhaps the R300M was not selling as well as Epson had hoped and a repackage might boost sales ? Have another look at the Epson America site and see if you can tell any difference. http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/P...&oid=-8165

Edit : By the way i am very happy with my R300, i know it is not a $500.00 printer but i am more thansatisfied with the prints i get.

Regards

Stevekin
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2004, 7:58 PM   #3

I've owned the R300 for nearly a year and I must say I'm very pleased with it. I also didn't get the monitor since it would be useless for me for editing purposes. I have not experienced any problems to date. As far as new features on the R320, I can't think of anything I would want that the R300 doesn't already provide. 1) Borderless prints 2) Printing directly to printable CD-Rs 3) 6Individual colour cartriges with water resistant inks4) All format media-card input (including xD) 5) USB 2.0 connectivity to your camera. Resolution and colourare excellent especially with premium glossy Epson media. If there is one thing that I would improve on is the capacity of the ink cartriges (they are about $22 CDN each to replace), but at least you only replace colours as needed.
riva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2004, 5:23 PM   #4

I'm interested in getting a R200, R300, R320, or R300M forits CD/DVD printing capability.From whatI've heard, the print on CD/DVD will not be waterproof. Is that true? Can you pleasetest it, and let me know? I don't want to buy one, then return it. :?

Thanks in advance!
mfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2004, 4:21 PM   #5

Mfan, see Steve's updated review for the R300M, and he addresses the waterproof issue. He got the best label by using Verbatium blank white matte CDs, but they are not waterproof. I found when I made my own CD labels, I sprayed them with a clear glaze, found in hobby shops, and that waterproofed them, as well as preserving vibrant colors. Later...Sealevel
sealevel is offline   Reply With Quote