Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Oct 17, 2004, 1:09 PM   #1

Someone I know has asked me to take photos for online reasons of their art. I hae all the right equipment for the jon. Digital and Film so I will probably be taking pictures of both.

The question is.. What should I charge? Apparently even though I know the guy I am still having o bid on the project.
This guy will be on my way so it is not out of the way really nd I dont have alot of experience but he plans on using me later.

Ideas?

Thanks!

KM
kieranmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2004, 4:44 PM   #2

http://www.fotoquote.com/

best thing since sliced bread
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2004, 4:41 AM   #3

So instead of letting me be avised by the hundreds of experience users here.. you refer me to buy a piece of software without anything else to say?

1) That's pretty lame of you dude

2) Thats just spam
kieranmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2004, 6:12 AM   #4

How about giving the "hundreds" of experienced users a chance to respond, and how about giving Bradg a break. I'm sure bradg,like me,and many, many others who enjoy our photography, who do not sell our pictures, just wanted to give you some advice in the best way possible, before you receive help from others. I do not know the software suggested but i'm sure his thought process was that you could calculate costswith consistency,and be fair to all of your potential customers as well as yourself, as i have no doubt that you will receive plenty of advice in this matter, but it will all be slightly different to each other. Of course you don't have to take his advice but it's just an idea.

Regards

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2004, 8:53 AM   #5

This site is mostly filled with amatures that never sell a single picture in their life. There are some who do, but I can think of only.... 10, maybe? So asking here for information about pricing is not going to get you very far.

You might try the "2004 photographers market". Your library may have it.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=UTF8&v=glance

But pricing can also be regional. You might want to cold-call some companies and try to get a quote over the phone.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2004, 8:12 PM   #6

kieranmullen wrote:
Quote:
So instead of letting me be avised by the hundreds of experience users here..
geez, i didnt know i was doing anything to stop everybody else from replying, if i did, i apologize....

kieranmullen wrote:
Quote:
2) Thats just spam
oh, is it?

fyi, fotoquote is the industry standerd in photo priceing software for photos going into circulation, and if this is as big as you make it sound, then this is what you need....

there are millions of pros, includeing myself, that use this software

btw, thank you, stevekin, thank you very much
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 4:41 PM   #7

Well, the good thing about these forums is everyone can benifit from the info posted here. I want to thank you Bradg, this software is just what I needed. I also purchased the two books from Amazon on how to market and sell your photos.

I have been stumped at a point where my photography is getting much better, but I am not making more money for my photos. I was looking to pay someone for business consulting.

And look, I accidentally look intothisforum and behold a piece of Software that does just what I need. GREAT!

I have the worst time setting prices for products. I like going to the computer like the autorepair mechanic a quoting a price as thought this is the standard. Of course I could always charge less but then I feel used. Knowing what other photographers charge at my finger tips is absolutely a perfect tool.

PS

This is definately not spam and is a really good reference, Thanks
minutephotos.com is offline   Reply With Quote