Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Nov 23, 2004, 7:01 PM   #1

i've noticed that my camera (canon powershot s45) creates blurry night shots even with the nightshot option selected. the only way the image wont come out blurry is if i use flash but then the images come out too dark. it also happens with my friend's camera i thiink he has a casio ex-z40. i have some examples but i'm too lazy to upload them. anyone know what i should do? thanx
i dunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2004, 7:42 PM   #2

If you are putting the camera on a tripod and using the self portrait shutter release then I would guess the camera isn't focusing properly. If you are hand-holding or pressing the shutter in night mode you are probably dealing with camera shake.

For the focus try putting something with higher contrast in the center of the shot. Or use the landscape mode if that can be used with the night shots. You can use manual mode with landscape if it doesn't work with the night shot automatic mode.

If you are hand-holding the camera or manually depressing the shutter you are going to get blurry pictures. No way around that except to get a tripod. You can get a little Ultrapod for $10 that will both act as a tabletop tripod or attach to chairs and poles with a velcro strap. It weighs only a couple of ounces and is easy to slip in your pocket.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 7:44 PM   #3

Try using a Tripod if you arn't already.
cock3tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 7:54 PM   #4

oo ok...i'll try using a triopd when i get the chance.. thanx
i dunno is offline   Reply With Quote