Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Oct 26, 2002, 6:47 AM   #1
Cjo

Default canon s330

I've just bought my first digicam yesterday, a canon digital ixus 330, and I'm just learning about digital photography. In shot samples, I've seen shutter speed less than a second with s330. But it seems I can't see that setting. I just see a high of 1 sec. How come?

What's the relation between aperture, ISO, and shutter speed?
Cjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2002, 11:41 AM   #2
Administrator

It's somewhat tricky to get to. You need to be in Manual mode, turn Mode Dial to the Manual setting. Next press the Menu button, go down to the last option, it has an icon of a crescent moon and a couple of stars, this is the Long Shutter option, turn it on. Exit the menu and press the "+/- WB" button to enter the Exposure Compensation screen, press the Right arrow button and it turns into the Shutter Speed screen. Now use the Up and Down arrow buttons to select your shutter speed, it goes from 1 to 15 seconds.

Be sure to have the camera on a tripod and use the self-timer to trip the shutter or else you will get blurry pictures due to camera movement. You need to use a tripod for any shutter speed longer than 1/30 of a second or it won't be sharp.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2002, 3:45 AM   #3
Cjo

I see that 1,2...15.

Does that mean that there's no shutterspeed in s330 that's less than a second? :roll:

And what's with the compression? and How does it affect the image quality?
Cjo is offline   Reply With Quote