Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 23, 2004, 7:00 AM   #1

Hi!

I got a new task in my job, to take photos from surgical operations, mostly from dental surgery.
Photos should be very good quality, there may be need to make posters from them. I think they would mostly be macro photos.

So, which camera and flash would you suggest? I'm not a professional photographer, but I'm good with all kind of technical instruments and a quick learner. I have experience with ixus 430 this far :lol:

So, how about Canon EOS 20D? Would that be enough camera for the future, when I have more experience? And what kind of flash for macro photos?

Thanks for your help!
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2004, 7:37 AM   #2

The 20d would be an ideal camera for poster size. you may want to look into ring flashes for Macroso you get a well lit, well diffused light, and not too many shadows. Dental surgeries are usually bright, so you may want to try upping the ISO and shooting with available light and then using Neat image or something to "Clean" up the noise. The 20d has some of the lowest noise to high ISO ratios out there!Maybe a small softbox...

Good luck and Merry Xmas to EVERYBODY!!!
Freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2004, 4:38 PM   #3

Thanks for the info! And merry christmas too!
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2004, 12:58 AM   #4

Hi, I'm a dental technician ( own a lab ) . I agree with Freefly - 20d would be an ideal camera. But I would prefer Macro twin light over ringflash. For intraoral images the light has to be more directional. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...656&is=USA
AK-66 is offline   Reply With Quote