Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 8, 2005, 12:57 PM   #1

Hello! I feel kind of stupid asking this, but here it goes. I recently bought a quickcam 4000 to make stop-motion (stop-motion means taking a whole bunch of pictures and streaming them together so it looks real) movie. I can't find how to use it with stop-motion. Every where I look on the enternet it just tells me how the quickcam 4000 has a special effect for stop-motion. I've tried searching the search topics on the help list from the quickcam menu to no avail. Did I make a mistake buying it? Did I not install the softwear right? Is the answer right in front of my nose and I can't see it?

PLease help, thanks!
Videot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2005, 5:03 PM   #2

I don't know anytying about your product but I just googled and check these out (not sure how helpful these are):

http://www.google.ca/search?q=cache:0Y9E7cH0fJ8J:www.infodiv.unimelb.ed u.au/telars/flds/documents/animationsquickcam.pdf+making+stop+motion+with+qui ckcam+4000&hl=en] for Quickcam 3000 but should be similar...go to page 7 where it talks about stop motion[/url]

Same as above but here is the PDF (I recommend you read the PDF instead of the HTML page above)

Stop-motion animation
Stop-motion animation allows you to set a scene, take a picture, alter the scene
slightly, take another picture and so on. The more frames you take per second, the
longer it takes to film, but the smoother the appearance of the resulting movie.
Once you have setup your stop-motion preferences and positioned the elements for
your first picture, click on the Add Frame button. Continue moving the elements as
required and clicking the Add Frame button to save each image to the animation.
If you make a mistake with a frame, or want to check the progress of the animation
before completing all the shots, click on the Playback button to open a new dialog.
Click the Play button to step through the current frames of the animation. You can
also drag on the progress bar to view a particular frame (the frame number will be
displayed in the bottom right corner).

Play
Progress bar

[line]

Page 9
Creating Animations with QuickCam Pro 3000

Once the animation has been played you will have the option to Delete Last Frame.
You cannot delete any frame except the last. If you had five frames and wish to delete
number four, you would have to delete number five, and then number four.
Click on the Close button to return to capturing frames for your animation.
Click the End Stop Motion button to complete the animation.
The stop-motion animation now appears in the gallery on the right hand side of the
screen. Double click any animation to preview it

I think you should the full PDF document to get an idea of how to use the software. Since yours is a higher version, it will likely be different but it should be somewhat similar...

-----------

Stop-motion animation
Stop-motion animation allows you to set a scene, take a picture, alter the scene
slightly, take another picture and so on. The more frames you take per second, the
longer it takes to film, but the smoother the appearance of the resulting movie.
Once you have setup your stop-motion preferences and positioned the elements for
your first picture, click on the Add Frame button. Continue moving the elements as
If you make a mistake with a frame, or want to check the progress of the animation
before completing all the shots, click on the Playback button to open a new dialog.
Click the Play button to step through the current frames of the animation. You can
also drag on the progress bar to view a particular frame (the frame number will be

Play
Progress bar

[line]

Page 9

Once the animation has been played you will have the option to Delete Last Frame.
You cannot delete any frame except the last. If you had five frames and wish to delete
The stop-motion animation now appears in the gallery on the right hand side of the

Stop-motion animation

Play
Progress bar

[line]

Page 9

Stop-motion animation

Play
Progress bar

[line]

Page 9

Stop-motion animation

Play
Progress bar

[line]

Page 9

I think your product is ok for stop motion... I don't think you made a mistake buying it... Here is an article where someone actually uses the quickcam you mentioned ot create animation. BUT I notice that all the documents I found talk about Quickcam PRO. Is yours called PRO also? If not, is there a difference?

----------

Here is a stop motion forum... you may get better answers here ...although this seems like a professional board so I'm not sure if they can help with your stuff...

--------------

Hope that helps...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 5:41 PM   #3

Thank you, I'll try it.
Videot is offline   Reply With Quote