Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 21, 2005, 4:49 PM   #1

Hey Guys,

I just found this forum today - I really need help w/ my camera. I am about to go to Italy for 6 wks, the reason I bought the camera in the first place, but I'm having trouble w/ it. When I take normal pictures, say of a group of people posing, it will come out slightly blurry no matter how still I stand. I can't figure out what the deal is. I'm used to 35mm, and I know digital is quite different. They always look clear on the screen, but when I view them on the comp. they show differently.

Any ideas?

Also, what about if I am on a boat trying to take pictures, what is the best setting to use?

A family member is a photographer and she tried to explain the manual functions to me, but I can't seem to get the grasp of it all on this camera. Anyone have any helpful hints?

Does anyone else have thiscamera??

Thanks,

B
bmkincaidunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2005, 7:09 PM   #2
Yod

I´ve already used the V1 for quite a long time without any problem concerning focus.I think it´s a really great camera.In tricky situations you can always shift to manual focus.The onlly thing that I definetely don´t like about it is that it takes a long)too long) time to record TIFF.Maybe all you need is just some ajustments using a photo editor like the unsharp mask of photoshop.Now if the pictures are coming out really blurre you might as well take to the dealer to check its auto focus system.Hope I´ve helped you some.Yod
Yod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 7:34 AM   #3
Administrator

bmkincaidunt wrote:
Quote:
When I take normal pictures, say of a group of people posing, it will come out slightly blurry no matter how still I stand. I can't figure out what the deal is. I'm used to 35mm, and I know digital is quite different. They always look clear on the screen, but when I view them on the comp. they show differently.
One of themost common causes of blurry photosisfrom trying to take them at a shutter speed that's too slow for the lighting, resulting in motion blur from camera shake and subject movement. For example, trying to take a photo indoors without a flash (what appears to be bright to the human eye is not to a camera's lens, and indoor lighting is very dim).

If you can look at the EXIF (a header in the image file that contains camera settings used), you can see the aperture, shutter speed, etc., used to take a photo.

If you don't have an editor that can see this information, download irfanview from http://www.irfanview.com (it's free). Make sure to download the free plugins, too. You'll see the settings a camera used under Image, Information, EXIF.

If you downsize a photo and post it here (you can downsize one to a reasonable size under Irfanview's Image, Resize/Resample menu), then users could look at the photo and camera settings and let you know what is going wrong.

Here isHow to PostYour Images

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote