Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 4, 2002, 4:16 PM   #1

Default FUJI FinePix 3800 ISO 100?

I am researching (forever) digital cameras for a x-mas present and see pros and cons for the FinePis 3800. One spec in question is the 100 ISO lens sensitivity. Anyone know why only one setting, and how important is having mulitple ISO settings on a digicam? I hear that the higher the ISO, the grainier the picture. Any opinions on the 3800? Thanks.
obidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2002, 3:52 AM   #2

It's true that higher ISO settings tend to produce grainier shots. Having only 100 ISO means you'll have a little less flexibility in low light, needing to use the flash in some cases where with other cameras you might get by with higher ISO without flash. Higher ISO can also be useful for situations where you want a higher shutter speed to stop action.

The nice thing about the 3800 is the 6x zoom. It's the only camera in its price range that has so much zoom power. It's relatively small for so much zoom too. It is limited in its controls and options, but how important that is depends on who will be using it, and what for.
Sanpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2002, 5:47 AM   #3

Don't worry about the ISO range. I never use above 100 as the pics are too grainy and somewhat spoiled anyway.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2002, 8:28 AM   #4

I own the camera ... takes great pictures. Only complaint is that it's a little chunky and no video out.
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote