Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Apr 8, 2005, 5:21 AM   #11

spartusseven wrote:
Quote:
i apologize if any feelings were hurt i didn't mean to i guess my age and personality does conflict with others i will most definitely take your point into consideration.
This shows maturity on your part and you should be applauded for that.

Quote:
and i have a question is it wrong to seek more help when i get just a little from a photographer at an art fair that is trying to pay attention to her customers. she had some great tips but i thought i might find more here
Of course not. But you initially gave the impression there were many Pro's in your corner. This is the best site to get almost any advice you want. While advice from even one professional can be invaluable and not to be sniffed at, there are many photographers, professional or otherwise who can help you here, and collectively, will solve any issues you may have.

Quote:
ive been here for a week and everyone seems to be against me and my hobby it seems that all photographers are to themselves?
PhotoEcosse answered that one right. It betrays your opening sentence. No one is against you. I felt you had the wrong attitude when it came to thebroadband/dial up issue but I realize that at 15 yrs old you probably don't have the responsibility for paying for your broadband connection,and can't appreciate in general the cost of living to someone who does. I also spelled out the other reasons why some may not have a broadband connection. If all photographers were to themselves then they would likely not be here at all. They may view the boards for information but would not respond in their thousands as they do.

Quote:
i dont know im just a kid so i guess ill take my business elsewhere if im not accepted here. farewell if i do decide to leave. Ty

That is your choice, but if everybody left because of a spat or minor disagreement. or they didn't like what someone said, there would probably be about 7 members left !!

You said at the beginning of your last post that you would "most definitely take your point in to consideration". That's what it was, a point about your attitude, not a direct all out attack on you, so please take it in to consideration. You will make mistakes again, so will I, so will most others. But somebody tells you, you listen, you decide whether you agree with them or not, then move on.

Quote:
PS thanks to the people who did offer me tips and i hope that
God will bless you.
See, people did give you tips. But I think that'suncharitable of you to suggest that God will only bless those that help you. I thought all you God fearing folk believed that God loved everyone the same, warts and all. Just kidding.

I said, "So if you would like help and advice, ease up, then you will be very welcome".

Welcome Ty.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 5:30 PM   #12

hey thanks to everyone im sorry im going through a rough time right now my best friends mom is dying of cancer and im running in the 24 hour relay for life in her name it has been really stressful and hard:shock: but i will post more pics on the relay for life on my homepage.a special thanks to: PhotoEcosse,Stevekin, and PAPA RAGE for the great tips and comments i will take all of them into consideration next time i go out. I will try to get back into 35mm so that I can really pay attention to the detail. I have a cannon eos rebel g that should come in handy with some upgrades to the lense department of my armoury
spartusseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 4:04 AM   #13

Good luck on the Relay and well done. Look forward to seeing them.

Regards,

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 5:48 PM   #14

OK THE SITE HAS BEEN UPDATED
ok take it easy on the comments on this one the relay was really emotional to me and i probably didnt take the best pictures. the first picture is of a luminaria with my best friends moms name on it this is one of my favorites
Old Apr 12, 2005, 11:00 PM   #15

Here's an idea...try to take a break & relax before you post. Try reading all the forums (that interest you) for a few weeks before you post. Getting to know the group dynamics will make your understanding (& your posts) better suited (& better received). Ask questions if you have them & try to think out & appreciate the answers you get. Taking small steps into the forums is much better than jumping in full tilt (& that's for any forum...not just these).
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:14 PM   #16

hey all my site has some tennis pictures posted check them out

http://www.spartusseven.com/tennispics.html
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:36 PM   #17

I took a look at your tennis shots and you've done well to capture the action in many of them. The exposure looks about right but the colours look a bit desaturated, that may just be the way they were.On the downside many appear to be slightly out of focus. It quite a few the net appears to be in focus but your main subject is out of focus. In some I'm not sure about the focus it looks about there but the reduced size of the photos makes them look a bit soft in places.
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2005, 12:32 AM   #18

theres only one thats out of focus full size. the last one wasnt supposed to be put on the page. the person in the pic is my webhost and i guess he put it on. ill have him delete it
Old Apr 29, 2005, 3:40 PM   #19

hello ive updated my site and now have some surfing pictures up. they are from the hurley international surfing competitionat Pismo Beach in California
Old Jun 23, 2005, 1:56 PM   #20

i now have a photoshack account. go ahead and look at the pictures there http://photobucket.com/albums/y268/spartusseven/