Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 10, 2002, 11:16 PM   #11

I just got the canon s820 as it was well reviewed. And now it is cheap-$50 rebate, lowest price at www.pricegrabber.com is $165 before rebate
plschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2002, 6:52 AM   #12

For brochures I would reccomend an epson c82. The ink inside this printer is specifically built for that purpose of printing on plain paper or matte/ brochure papers. Also it has about 3 times the lightfastness of other brands. IE canon and HP not to mention the waterproof inks. It also allows for full resolution printing on both black inks as well as color inks vs the canon 850 uses only 600 dpi on the black. Also the ink is very compareable to the canon ink pricing. THe black costs more but you get twice as much. The colors cost less and you still get more. Just a bit of info I thought I would drop on ya if you want a printer for printing brochures.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2002, 3:13 PM   #13

I would also suggest a Epson 820 or 780(785). They are 6 color printers and for brochures and photos that's what you want. A 4 color printer is OK but will not give you the sutle gradients that a 6 color printer will. I have an older Epson 870 6 color printer and the results are stunning just like a lab print. You may want to go with a 3 MP camera, although the A40 takes nice photos for a 2 MP camera.
gverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2002, 3:14 PM   #14

I would also suggest a Epson 820 or 780(785). They are 6 color printers and for brochures and photos that's what you want. A 4 color printer is OK but will not give you the sutle gradients that a 6 color printer will. I have an older Epson 870 6 color printer and the results are stunning just like a lab print. You may want to go with a 3 MP camera, although the A40 takes nice photos for a 2 MP camera.
gverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2002, 4:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gverde
I'm sorry but you need to see it from a bussiness perspective the c82 is cheap to print with. Built specifically for bussiness use and still does incredible photos on matte or brochure paper where as a 820 because of its dye inks wont get the same color vividness as a printer that uses pigment inks like the c82. These results though are limited to plain matte/brochure papers. The results to reverse when you jump to glossy papers.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote