Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 11, 2002, 8:07 AM   #1

Default Digicam software woes !!!

I just bought an Olympus C 4000Z and downloaded the software to my computer.Once the camera was connected to my PC Windoz detected it,ran a database for the new hardware driver and all was well.Photos were downloaded(USB port) and the camera was properly disconnected.NOW my PC is going crazy,I can no longer connect to the internet and most windoz processes go very slow.I now must use CAD to finally shut down,can anyone help???
Thank you
Milton
Milton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 11, 2002, 8:34 AM   #2

What Operating System are you using? Have you remove the Camedia software from your computer and see if the problems corrects itself?
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2002, 9:00 AM   #3

I am running Win 98 SE and I already removed the software but I did not remove the USB drivers as I do not know how to find them.Once I removed the software my PC is still messed up.I have a suspicion the drivers loaded from the Olympus CD is the culprit.Do you know where I can find and delete these drivers?
Thank you for your response !!!!
Milton
Old Dec 11, 2002, 9:29 AM   #4

Without having to go into the registry, there is no easy way to remove the drivers. I check the Olympus site and they do not list any USB updates for the C4000. You can remove the camera from your device manager by doing the following:
1. Right click MyComputer and left click the properties from the drop down menu.
2. Click on the Device Manager Tab
3. Scroll to the bottom of the list and you will see the Unverisal Serial Bus Controllers. Click the + button.
4. Locate the C4000, click it and it will change colors, click the Remove button at the bottom, click the Yes button to confirm.
5. Restart the system.

I would contact Olympus even if everything starts to work again. I know five or six folks who have bought the C4000 and have not experienced the problems you described.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 9:40 AM   #5

Thank you very much! I am presently at work and will try what you describe when I get home.I will post what the results are AND contact Olympus.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 6:08 PM   #6

Apparently when I removed the editing/download software everything else was removed as I did not find the camera shown.But I still have the same problem!
Old Dec 11, 2002, 7:18 PM   #7

Milton
I would contact Olympus. Wish I could be more help.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 1:54 PM   #8

Thank you for your help ! Before I call Olympus I am going to try one more thing,I will post the results here although it will be a while before I am able to do so. :? :? :?