Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old May 3, 2005, 11:02 PM   #1

A workmate of mine will soon be going to Calgary and Vancouver, and will be taking so many pics thatall of hermemory sticks (she has a newish Sony digicam) won't be enough.Is there a chain store or similar that she can go to where they can take pics offher memory sticks and burn themto CDs? She doesn't want to print the pics, just have them burned to CDs so she can print them all back in Australia.

If anybody knows any good tourist sites in these areas, by all means let me know too! Any information would be appreciated.

Jev
lhtorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2005, 11:22 PM   #2

Walmart will do this for her or actually any photo store will as well...hope that helps:-)

One thing she may enjoy is taking the train through the rockies or actually driving through Banff to get to Vancouver...too many places to list for things to do the drive through Banff will have Grizzly bears, Elk ,Big horn sheep etc depending if she goes around june-july as this is prime time for viewing. If driving through banff DO stop to see the Chateau as it is so beautiful and lake Louise and other various lakes around that area as these lakes really have a glowing property to them and in my opinion DRIVE it's awesome and the memories will last forever...trust me
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 8:57 AM   #3

A lot of the photo printing places will do that nowadays. She should check out the big places like Future Shop, Office Depot, etc. I think all of these burn pics to CD...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 9:29 AM   #4

I know Costco does, and can do it in 1hour, but you need to be a member. I am pretty sure Wallmart does similar, maybe try at aBlacks or Japan Camera as well.

I'm out of touch with what these photo stores offer, I haven't been in one since I got my digital camera and a laptop with a burner in it :-)

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 1:55 PM   #5

London Drugs has a very good photo department and can be found in every major Canadian city. www.londondrugs.com or www.ldphotostation.com
Narcis Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 9:47 PM   #6

Thanks very much for your replies. I'll giver her all this info, now she'll have no excuse for coming back without plenty of good pics. Thanks again.

Jev
lhtorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 5:49 PM   #7

Tourist wise, if your going to Calgary you definitely need to take a trip to Banff, it's breathtaking. While in Banff make sure you visit the hot springs!

Vancouver is a beautiful city only when it's not raining. Vancouver Island is a very cool place to visit: lots of wildlife and scenery.

-- Terry
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote