Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old May 7, 2005, 2:26 AM   #1

I though my camera was set in Auto ISO mode but not and all the pictures look terrible specially at night time. And I don't know how to describe that problem of those pictures. Can you show me step by step what I need to do to fix them? I got more than 200 shots on a trip not acceptable when print them out. Thanks in advance!
DKTVPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2005, 3:04 AM   #2

It would help to know what camera you used. However, more helpful would be a sample picture. I suspect your pictures are underexposed and/or blurry. You can use photo editing software to improve the quality slightly, but if the images are too dark, ... sorry.

I recommend PhotoShop Elements 2 or 3 or Paint Shop Pro 8 or 9. The earlier version of either program can be bought cheaply on Ebay. Other cheaper programs can do basic image enhancement.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 7:05 AM   #3

I think we can only help you if you upload a sample photo, or you can attempt to describe the problem...such as noisy photo? Or blurry images etc.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 4:00 PM   #4

Thanks for your replies!

I tried to look for a free upload site but they all limit to 250K, so I created a Yahoo email to send a picture to it. The camera I used is Olympus D-550, and I don't know how to describe the picture: blurry, noise, pixelized,...?

User name: [email protected]

Password: 123456
Old May 7, 2005, 6:16 PM   #5

Is this what you were going for?

It's scaled down, but I can email the full size to you if you would like.
Attached Images

rob_strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 6:25 PM   #6

You should try setting the camera for ISO 100 and use flash next time, this photo is showing ISO 400 and No Flash. With a shutter speed of 1/50, you are going to have a little blur in your photos, especially without flash.
rob_strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 6:44 PM   #7

Can you send me the full size?

You said this is in 400 ISO mode and there must be another problem from my camera because when I checked it was at 100 ISO. Is it jumping around the settings?

How do you know all the info like it's in 400 ISO and no flash? And what did you do to fix the picture? I can have Photoshop 6 from a friend's computer, if you show me how to fix with that software, I'll do it myself because I got a ton of pictures like that. Sorry I ask too many questions because I'm new!
Old May 7, 2005, 7:28 PM   #8

I took a look at the photo early this morning, but had to hop out for a couple of hours. The noise looked far too much for ISO 100. It looks more like something I'd get on my own camera (G6) at ISO 400 or something. At least your photo isn't blurred, so it's still somewhat salvagable....by using a noise reduction software, like Noiseware.

Maybe your camera really did jump settings. Also, it's kind of better to scale your photo down to 800 x 600 or something when showing sample photos, to make it convenient for folks with slow internet connections.
Old May 7, 2005, 7:29 PM   #9

The info can be seen in images from relatively new model cameras... it's called EXIF data, and there are free EXIF data readers on the internet to download.
Old May 7, 2005, 7:29 PM   #10
djb

DKTVPN, for a photo sharing site to upload pictures try www.fotopic.net they give you 250 Meg of picture space for free.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote