Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 29, 2002, 3:23 AM   #11

This looks familiar to me, give me a couple of days to respond...
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2002, 3:28 PM   #12

To avoid these reflections, never take a picture at exact right-angles to a shiny or reflective surface. Angle the surface at 30-45 degress to the lens. Also do not place your subject against a dirty surface (the brown streaks running down the wall at the upper right): it isn't very becoming.
I see the reflections above her shoulder, but see none in her hair.
MentorRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2002, 8:01 PM   #13

The reason the image is so big on everyone's monitor is it's 2048X1536 pixels! You should reduce the image to something like 640X480. The download time will be a lot better also! I moved the image to a photo folder, then could view it correctly.
A real darling in the picture! Thanks, Bob R.
Bob W R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2002, 9:03 PM   #14

Bob,

For some reason, my computer automatically is resizing the image to fit within my browser window I suppose. This might be a setting in the browser itself I suppose.

Chris
Mindbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2002, 10:46 PM   #15

You can set the browser to or not to resize picture :
For IE6 for instance, go by menu:
- Tools
- Internet options
- Advanced
- Multimedia
- Enable automatic image resizing

All oversized pics will be resized to fit the current browser window size
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2002, 11:33 PM   #16

If IE 6 is resizing you pictures to fit and you want to switch to the fullsize image (which will no longer fit in your browser window) just left click on the image. An icon will appear in the bottom right corner of the image. Click on it. Voila, the view mode switches. You can go back to shrunken viewing again by repeating the same sequence.
Richard Howes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2002, 4:46 AM   #17

Mindbreeze, I checked out your problem pic again, now that I have more time, and the answer is obvious...yes, the whitish spots over her right shoulder (our left), are reflections from the flash, caused by wet or sticky spots on the wall, you'll notice that they appear nowhere else...also notice the 'drippings' on the wall over her left shoulder (our right), as if someone opened a fizzy can of Coke, a week or two ago...being the father of a 3 year old, I know how walls can get extra coatings from everyday life...(and you should see my carpet)..Blessings, Johnny
Old Jan 1, 2003, 6:32 PM   #18

Thanks Johnny,

I think I have corrected the problems, thanks to everyone's suggestions! Much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Chris

PS: Off to clean my walls gah!
Mindbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2003, 2:22 AM   #19

I read somewhere you shouldn't put pic of your childern on the web. I'm sure all here are trust worthy, but...this world has me paranoid sometimes.
serpa4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2003, 4:34 AM   #20

Yeah, my sister told me the same thing, that some child molester might hone in...and then, you might be struck by lightning tomorrow...In my humble opinion, as a father of 4, I'm proud to post pics of my kids, and unless some pervert is a 'hacker', and can learn my location, exactly, and would even want to bother my kids, I'm not worried...of course, I'm a devout Christian and depend on our Lord to watch over my family, and you know what, He always has!!!
Happy New Year to all, may the Lord 'strike down all those who intend evil', including all terrorists ...I won't stop living as a 'free human being', because of a few sicko, box-cutter-wielding, cowardly individuals who think that Allah warrants them the power to take human lives...
I've viewed many adorable pics of members' children, through this site, and I pray that we all go on as usual, with no fear!
God bless!, Johnny