Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 31, 2002, 4:00 PM   #1

Default What would the best!

Hello again, I just today bought a Canon S30. I have an HP 940C printer. What would be the best for me? To buy a Canon Printer to
print my photos, or should I buy the Canon Photo printer CP100.
There both about the same price. As you can tell I'm real new to
all of this. I'm 70 years old and don't understand to much about
anything when it comes to the digital camera. This is my first one.
Once again thank you, I would like to thank Steve for his help
with my last question, its appreciated
John
John Cory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2002, 5:37 PM   #2

John,
A photo printer is 5 colors plus black. Color printer is 3 + black. lots of things to look into, price of ink vs budget. How much use? As a heavy user I go with Epson photo printers and aftermarket INK. Normally the savings is great enough that you have saved enogh to replace printer after 5 cartridge changes. Epsons have permanent heads so if you are only going to use 1-2 x monthly better to go with one that has heads built on ink cartridge. Also forget brand name rec, read reviews on models that are simulure.
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2002, 6:04 PM   #3

The HP940 printer will print good quality pics in the best mode. Click on the properties button at the printer menu. Choose HP Photo paper as your paper and should receive good prints. Gary is on target with the frequency of use. Epson printers should be printed on often to prevent printhead clogging. The HP printers have the printhead built into the cartridge and do not clog very often. You can also refill the HP print cartridges. The HP 5550 prints 4 color printing but you can purchase a photo cartridge for which will provide 6 color printing. The user can replace the printhead on the Canon photo printers. The Canon photo printers are, so I have read, the fastest of the photo printers.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2002, 11:33 PM   #4

John,

You don't have to buy a Canon printer to print pictures from a Canon camera. As gibsonpd3620 said, your HP will give you very good results with the right settings.

Also, you should use a good photo paper. HP's premium will give the best results, but it's expensive. I've had good results with Kodak premium paper, and it's a lot cheaper. Just make sure you keep pictures you want to keep a long time in a frame or in an album. Pictures will fade after a few months if exposed to the air.

Have fun, John. You bought a nice camera.

Dan
Dan29944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2003, 8:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan29944
John,

You don't have to buy a Canon printer to print pictures from a Canon camera. As gibsonpd3620 said, your HP will give you very good results with the right settings.

Also, you should use a good photo paper. HP's premium will give the best results, but it's expensive. I've had good results with Kodak premium paper, and it's a lot cheaper. Just make sure you keep pictures you want to keep a long time in a frame or in an album. Pictures will fade after a few months if exposed to the air.

Have fun, John. You bought a nice camera.

Dan
I would like to thank each and everyone for your help.
It is more than appreciated. Have a happy New Year.
From France,
John
John Cory is offline   Reply With Quote