Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 1, 2003, 3:25 PM   #1

Default Which camera

I'm trying to decide between two cameras. The budget allows about $4oo. These two fit that and I think other criteria. They are the Toshiba PDR M81 and the Olympus C 2500l. I want to be able to print 8x10s. That is probably the main thing. I've been using an SLR film camera for years for years and am temted by the Olympus, but is its technology now outdated and would I get better quality out of the Toshiba?

Brig
brig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2003, 3:57 PM   #2

brig,
Closes in 1 1/2 hours. 2500. may go cheap.
Gary

http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage...tionId=8254002
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2003, 4:44 PM   #3

Default ubid

Thanks Gary,

I'm in Australia and aparently ubid only ship USA. Another thing I just noticed was that in description of c2500, when mentioning compatible computer operating system it doesn't mention Windows XP. I gather that means the Olympus software doesnt run on XP, and can I just load photos from camera to Photoshop?

Brig
brig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2003, 5:37 PM   #4

brig,
Olympus has patches for XP and the latest vesions of camidia support XP (4.0 and Master Pro). Hey, do you know crocodile Dundee?
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2003, 10:56 PM   #5
lg

The C2500 is probably like my C2100-- when they stopped production of these models, XP had not been released. While the provided version 2.0 of Camedia locks up under XP, the upgraded at the time (v2.6) works fine. They currently have v4.0 or greater, and I've heard it works just fine. Besides, unless you want to stitch together panoramas, there's lots of other software out there that will do the same thing. Since my camera won't autoconnect using USB, I am speculating that yours won't either. The simple solution to your problem is to forget the software and buy a cheap card reader-- that's what I did! I use the Camedia software only for panoramas now.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote