Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jun 19, 2005, 5:54 PM   #1

Hi, I remember last year when I was doing research to buya camera I came across a new prosumer model cam that had an on-board flash that could tilt to achieve a bounce effect

I thought it was a Konica-Minolta but I can't find it. Is there a cam like this or am I just making things up ?

Thanks
AMiRUNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2005, 10:38 AM   #2

I don't know if you could call that a prosumer :?, but the Leica Digilux2/Panasonic DMC-LC1 has a bounce flash..
Axelarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 10:53 AM   #3

That would be a nice feature:!:
But bounce flash needs a lot more power that a straight on flash, and the onboard peanut flashes on most cameras do not have much output capability.

They are also drawing their power from the cameras battery, so a flash with higher power would mean many more frequent battery changes for the camera.

:blah: If you can afford the Leica, having many spare batteries are not an issue :blah:

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:02 PM   #4

PeterP wrote:
Quote:
That would be a nice feature:!:
But bounce flash needs a lot more power that a straight on flash, and the onboard peanut flashes on most cameras do not have much output capability.

They are also drawing their power from the cameras battery, so a flash with higher power would mean many more frequent battery changes for the camera.

:blah: If you can afford the Leica, having many spare batteries are not an issue :blah:

Peter.
Hello Peter,

Another fello Ontarian. Great!

Asked about "bounce flash" (deleted the text) but have since found out how it's done. And the different accesories that can be used to achieve the affect.

So, if any of the moderators would mind deleting this post of mine. I'd be okay with it.

Thanks.

DarkDTSHD is offline   Reply With Quote