Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jun 24, 2005, 12:54 PM   #1

Hi Hi,
I'm still trying to decide between my top two picks at the moment (Fuji F10, and Sony P200), but while I'm playing the "what do I really want" game I thought I'd pose the "and what else do I need" question.
An extra battery. The Sony takes AA's, but the Fuji takes ion batteries. Can you buy those generically or should I buy a Fuji brand name one.
Same goes for memory. I've noticed that you can buy other names in the DX format that the Fuji supports. Are any brands better/worse, or can I just go with what's on sale?
Any suggestions as to how to find a proper case, given that I'm probably going to buy this camera online?
There are also external battery chargers that you can buy. Fuji sells one for close to a million dollars I think....but you can also buy "kits" that have the charger, with a car adapter and a wall plug. Are these just as good, because they're considerably cheaper than the brand name.

Is there something I"m missing in my "extras" considerations? I might get what I need now and save up for the extras, but I want to make a list so I know what I need.

Also, does anyone know any good places in Canada to buy online? I'd rather not ship in from the states simply incase of breakage...that and shipping is usually increadible.

Thanks a bunch,
Sylorna
Sylorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 28, 2005, 8:05 PM   #2

Sylorna; try Carman's mail order from their Head Office..866 227 6267 Ext 20..excellent prices and great service.

No, I don't work there, just a very satisfied customer that tried them on a whim and saved a pile of dough.
mackcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2005, 3:01 AM   #3

Yes Fuji extras are expensive, for example a Fuji 6 volt mains adaptor here costs £30. I purchased another compputer make for £5 and it supplies more current, all I had too do was change the plug. 3rd party chargers can be as good as own make, but its best too get some advice.
geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2005, 8:27 PM   #4
Administrator

Sylorna wrote:
Quote:
I'm still trying to decide between my top two picks at the moment (Fuji F10, and Sony P200), but while I'm playing the "what do I really want" game I thought I'd pose the "and what else do I need" question.
An extra battery. The Sony takes AA's, but the Fuji takes ion batteries.
The Sony P200 usesa Sony NP-FR1 Rechargeable InfoLithium® Battery (not AA).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote