Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jul 1, 2005, 4:15 PM   #1

I've been having much fun w/the movie function of my Pentax Optio 43WR and while I can handle beginner-level editing of my still shots I don't know how (or if it's possible) to edit the movie clips (simple things like brightness and such). Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thx!...

Tomac
Tomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2005, 5:24 PM   #2

quicktime pro$29.95 from apple. without paying its just a playback program
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 5:47 PM   #3

If you have a Macintosh computer you can move the movie clips into iMovie and edit them there.
BruceMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 6:51 PM   #4

thats great for less then 5% of computer usersbut the other 95% need something else
Old Jul 1, 2005, 8:09 PM   #5

sjms wrote:
Quote:
quicktime pro$29.95 from apple. without paying its just a playback program
Will it work for sure? I ask because every .MOV editing program I've tried says all the .MOV files from my Pentax 43WR are "unrecognizable or corrupt" so I don't want to buy a programunless I'm certain it willwork. Even a successful formatconversion to .AVI resulted in the same "unrecognizable or corrupt" error message. I've got a couple of short clips I could email to anyone who'd like to test their program(s) for compatiblity.

Tomac
Old Jul 1, 2005, 8:26 PM   #6

if you download quicktime playeron your computer which is free from apple at http://www.quicktime.com. and they play back using it you should have no problems. it is unfortunate that you now have to drag in itunes with it. real shoddy marketing on their point. desperate times call for desperate measure i guess.

.mov is the official/native QT extension
Old Jul 1, 2005, 11:49 PM   #7

Ended up buying QT Pro and it does successfully edit the movie clips but when saved after editing only QT shows the clip w/the editing, all other viewers show the clip as though it's unedited. Thx to everyone for their help!...

Tomac
Old Jul 2, 2005, 1:35 PM   #8

You can re-encode mov files in compressed avi format with RAD Video Tools and then edit those avi files using Windows Movie Maker or Virtual Dub (you can find hundreds of other programs to edit avi files BTW).

Of course, remember that re-encoding a video file will give you a result with decreased quality compared to the original file.
sunfury is offline   Reply With Quote