Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 1, 2005, 4:15 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 57
Default

I've been having much fun w/the movie function of my Pentax Optio 43WR and while I can handle beginner-level editing of my still shots I don't know how (or if it's possible) to edit the movie clips (simple things like brightness and such). Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thx!...

Tomac
Tomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2005, 5:24 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
sjms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,735
Default

quicktime pro$29.95 from apple. without paying its just a playback program
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 5:47 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
BruceMcL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 106
Default

If you have a Macintosh computer you can move the movie clips into iMovie and edit them there.
BruceMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 6:51 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
sjms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,735
Default

thats great for less then 5% of computer usersbut the other 95% need something else
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 8:09 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 57
Default

sjms wrote:
Quote:
quicktime pro$29.95 from apple. without paying its just a playback program
Will it work for sure? I ask because every .MOV editing program I've tried says all the .MOV files from my Pentax 43WR are "unrecognizable or corrupt" so I don't want to buy a programunless I'm certain it willwork. Even a successful formatconversion to .AVI resulted in the same "unrecognizable or corrupt" error message. I've got a couple of short clips I could email to anyone who'd like to test their program(s) for compatiblity.

Tomac
Tomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 8:26 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
sjms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,735
Default

if you download quicktime playeron your computer which is free from apple at http://www.quicktime.com. and they play back using it you should have no problems. it is unfortunate that you now have to drag in itunes with it. real shoddy marketing on their point. desperate times call for desperate measure i guess.

.mov is the official/native QT extension
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 11:49 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 57
Default

Ended up buying QT Pro and it does successfully edit the movie clips but when saved after editing only QT shows the clip w/the editing, all other viewers show the clip as though it's unedited. Thx to everyone for their help!...

Tomac
Tomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2005, 1:35 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
sunfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6
Default

You can re-encode mov files in compressed avi format with RAD Video Tools and then edit those avi files using Windows Movie Maker or Virtual Dub (you can find hundreds of other programs to edit avi files BTW).

Of course, remember that re-encoding a video file will give you a result with decreased quality compared to the original file.
sunfury is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:19 PM.