Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Aug 12, 2005, 7:40 AM   #1

Just brought the Canon A520 and am looking for a NIMH charger and SD Card for it. Currently I have a Rayovac overnight charger but wondering if a 1h charger would be a nice addition to it. I know that Maha PowerEx MH-C204W is a good pick but don't know where to find it in stores in Toronto. I prefer not to order things online. Also, how good are the brands that I find in-stores such as Duracell 1h charger, Energizer 15min charger, and Rayovac 15 charger.

I am confused about all those brands of SD Cards out there and if cards that are made in china good (SanDisk). I would like to spend $50 for the card.
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2005, 8:33 PM   #2

Gee, I'm using this link a lot, lately.....
Anyway, this site has more than you want to know about batteries and how to charge them for the best results -- http://www.batteryuniversity.com

As for Sandisk, they are one of the biggest names in the industry. If their product wasn't at least as good as other major competitors, they wouldn't be able to maintain that position.
I don't know whether the sale is still going, but at least as of last week, Circuit City and Best Buy had a 512k SanDisk Extreme (II or III, I don't recall) SD card for 30 or 40 bucks (US) after rebate + in-store discount.
Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 9:02 PM   #3

Is a energizer 30 minute charger with 4 2100 NIMH batteries for $39.99 a good price? http://www.blackphotostore.com/engli...l.asp?sku=2178
Question is offline   Reply With Quote