Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jul 1, 2002, 7:36 AM   #1

Default Anyone Know Where They Sell C-2100UZ's

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap Olympus C-2100UZ in europe?

I live in the UK, and I loathe paying 900 for a discontinued camera that they sell in America for the equivelent of 290.

Has anyone bought a Camera from America and got it sent into the UK? Did they tax you and how much?

Anyways, I hope someone can help.

Many thanks,

Angel
angelquake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2002, 8:38 AM   #2

Angel,
Going to guess its about 2 dollors - 1 Euro. was stationed in Germany from 1979-1988. After leaving my German friend has sent alot of things to each other. think he only had to pay duty once. was not that high. Guess you know the battery charger will be 110v but the batteries same. For output to TV it will be NTSC not PAL. If that is OK I can fiind a Honest dealer that has one in the 500-600 price range and call then about shipping overseaas then send you there net address. Got time today, going to 40C, to hot to ride the Harley.
Gary.
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2002, 1:10 PM   #3

Thanks Gary,

I'm at this moment reading about the Customs and Excise rules for importation of goods outside the EU. I'll let you know what I discover, but the more I read, the more I want the C2100 over the C3020....

Thanks,

Angel
Old Jul 1, 2002, 3:35 PM   #4

Right,

I've just read the Customs And Excise page for the UK, and, for anyones who's interested, the score is as follows.

Customs and Import Duty is payable on all goods entering the UK from outside the EU, and is charged on the final price of the item including P+P and local taxes and charges. Postage is not taken into account on goods not sent by Datapost (What?). A flat rate of tax at 3.5% applies to goods between the value of 45Euros and 350Euros.

VAT: This is taxed at the same rate a similar item in this country would. In my case, 17.5% and after the Import Duty has been paid.

Even after all this, it would still be cheaper for me to import it from the US. So, if anyone can give me the names and addresses of good suppliers with a cheap 2100Uz in stock in the USA, I'd be much obliging ( Thanks Gary... *8)

Angel..
Old Jul 2, 2002, 12:41 PM   #5

Default Olympus battery chargers....

Quote:
Guess you know the battery charger will be 110v
All Olympus battery chargers works with either 120V 60 cycle (htz) or 240V 50hz. Most all digital cameras manufactured in Japan or Korea, etc., have dual voltage battery chargers.

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2002, 6:07 PM   #6

Just to let you all know,

I've just bought my C-2100uz off ebay for $548 including insured p+p. this comes to 356.

I just have to wait and see what the customs people do now....

Thanks peeps,

Angel
Old Jul 3, 2002, 8:16 AM   #7

Angle,
Once you start taking pictures with the 2100 you will forget about customs charges, life will be good.
Take care,
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote