Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Feb 1, 2003, 1:18 AM   #1

Default D40 remote problem?

The remote for my new D40 rarely works when used from the rear of the camera, from a distance of more than 4-6". It works every time from the front, up to 15 20' away. Has anyone else with the RM1 remote experienced this? The remote was one of the main reasons I bought the camera. Thanks.
jmcdev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 1, 2003, 12:52 PM   #2

I suppose it will be down to where the sensor is positioned - I bet it's on the front.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2003, 5:23 PM   #3

Steve, the D40 has sensors on both the front and back. The rear sensor was put on mainly for controlling the camera when hooked up to a TV, so maybe it doesn't work well in shooting mode. The cd manual doesn't say this, however. I was hoping some of the D40 owners out there would say if they had any similar problems. Thanks anyway. If there's no response, I'll call Olympus to see what they suggest.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 5:21 AM   #4

Hi there, I have the UK version of this camera, the C40 and I am experiencing the same problems. In most cases its not too bad, I use the remote at the back for taking pictures in macro mode on a tripod, so I am usually near the camera anyway, but it still doesn't make any sence that perhaps the sensor at the front is better than the back one. Its a shame really. Thanks, Paul
shakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2003, 10:57 AM   #5

Thanks for the reply,Paul. It's reassuring in one sense that you have the same problem, since I wouldn't want to have to send it in for repairs. Now that I found that it works well very close to the camera, it's not so much a problem. I usually have it on a tripod too.