Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Feb 1, 2003, 1:34 PM   #1

Default quality : oly c-4000

Hi all

I bought the oly c-4000 camera and since a couple of days, im testing the different modes and stuff...

I'd like to know what would u recommend for having the best quality pictures with this camera...
examples : should I boost the sharpness + 5 ?
etc. etc.

thanks for helping !!
Olivier21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 1, 2003, 5:15 PM   #2

i prefer to set my sharpness at +2 contrast at -2 and saturation at +2 but many other folks would have different prefferences and a lot of people have said to leave the settings at 0 and change them later in an editing program like photo shop play with the settings and see what you like best you bought a great camera
mattjac33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2003, 7:55 PM   #3

Ok thanks, I'll try that

by the way, could you please tell me how you save your personnal settings into your personal modes that u can access fast ?

I read the manual but I dont know, when I turn the cam off and turn it on after, my modes are deleted... Can you just tell me exactly what you do to save them?

thanks a lot !!!
Olivier21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2003, 8:37 AM   #4

you have to go into the main menu then under camera settings and turn the master reset to off... then whatever you left the camera set to last it will stay at also you have 4 my modes to set up and use
mattjac33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2003, 2:56 PM   #5

I would add that you can have your "my modes" saved without turning the master reset off...

I think you go to menu>setup>mymode setup...

"Current" lets you set one of the mymodes to your current settings.

"Reset" resets the factory settings for the mymode of your choosing.

"Custom" changes settings one by one.

If you set these this way your "mymodes" will be saved, and the "master reset" will still reset the other modes (i.e. Program), etc to factory settings each time that the camera is turned on, but your Mymodes will be saved as you wish.

Just leave the settings that you use most as Mymode 1 and when you turn the camera on turn the knob to A/S/M/My (it defaults to the last program you had it set for) so up pops Mymode 1 with your favorite settings and you're ready to go.

Hope that helps and isn't too confusing...I'm getting ready to leave and typing in a hurry.
rych26 is offline   Reply With Quote