Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Feb 23, 2003, 11:18 PM   #11

Hey Stu, I know what you're saying, I spent many years with my Pentax K1000, which was a totally manual SLR, but when I decided to go digital, I wanted a camera that would give me excellent results immediately. I mean, my main subject was my newborn son, and he wouldn't co-operate by holding that 'Kodak moment' pose, while I changed parameters. The Oly D490Z was amazing, point and shoot, great clarity, very few 'botched' shots. When I decided to upgrade to 4 mp, the C-4000 seemed like the obvious choice! But, I had roughly half my pics come out great and the other half out-of-focus! So, I missed a lot of memories while I was learning how to optimize the results. The C-4000 does require a very steady hand and a non-moving subject and under these conditions, the results are spectacular! But, my old hands tend to shake a bit and my son has trouble sitting still for even a moment (in the time it takes the 'red-eye' flash to fire, after the initial pre-fire, he can change positions several times)
So, that was my point. If the C-4000 had been my first digicam, I would have been very disappointed, and I don't want that to happen to 'jinx' :lol: ...blessings, Johnny
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2003, 11:07 PM   #12

After reading more opinions, reviews and spec sheets than I'd care to count I've decided on the Olympus C730.
Just can't wait to get it now!!
jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2003, 12:29 PM   #13

after all that I'm now the very happy owner of a Fujifilm FInepix S602Z. a great camera - I just love it!
Old Apr 3, 2003, 6:16 PM   #14
SSD

Jinx,

I am seriously considering this camera. How is the picture quality, color reproduction and sharpness? I also take a lot of pics indoors under normal inside lighting. I have also heard of people having problems with CF cards. what kind of card do you use and does it give you any problems?
Thanks for any info!
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2003, 6:39 PM   #15

Fuji S602 is great. You can find a lot of posts here, just goto search and enter Fuji 602. Images are sharp and clear. Manual shooting gives a lot of control. My only complain is some images appear too green (especially shots made outdoors before the rain, when contrast is poor and lighting is a bit dull). What of CF cards i'm sure there are cards that perform well. I'm using smartmedia cards (i bought a bunch of 128mb cards on garage sale for te price of one ).
ulik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2003, 1:59 AM   #16

I'm only using a 128 smart media card at the moment but am about to buy a 512mb 30x transcend cf card - this card tested out fine in my camera on all functions.
As far as the camera goes I love it - it takes great pics and has plenty of features to keep anyone amused! Still learning how it all goes but I'm really impressed with it so far.
Old Apr 6, 2003, 11:47 AM   #17

I have a FUJI MX 2900.. I am A NEwbie as Well.. I just LOve it.. I have the Option to Just point and Click.. OR use some features. I have been out side taking pictures and the Neighbors want me to take some pictures for them.

This system puts out Incredible images... Amazing... Cant beat the Price Either

Have fun and Good Luck

sreyes7
sreyes7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2003, 4:01 PM   #18
lg

The Olympus C-2100 has all the features you want, plus many, many more. You may want to consider it.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote