Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 2, 2003, 3:59 PM   #1

Default So, I've taken a great picture, what do I do now???.....

I know this sounds stupid, but I know you guys can help me. I have had my Fuji 3800 for 4 months and love it. Although, when I take pix of my son's basketball games, they all come out blurred. (any help on that?). Anyway, I download the pix to my computer with Fuji Finepix Viewer. So, do I leave them all on the computer? I've downloaded some to a CD to save, but is that all that I do? How can I make it more organized? Can I save a slideshow onto CD? Any suggestions would be wonderful!!! I resisted going digital because I love having my photos in a photo album, sitting around with friends and looking through the books.

Thanks!!!!
Tina
imzaxmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2003, 4:10 PM   #2

The blurred photos are primarily due to the 3800's light sensitivity being limited to ISO 100. Great for outdoors shots, not-so-good for indoors shooting for a fast-paced game like basketball. If your son was out of the range of the flash (which isn't that long to begin with), then the flash going off wouldn't help any. I'm not sure what work-arounds are possible--maybe some 3800 owners can chime in.

There are literally hundreds of programs that lets you organize and display your pictures in slideshows, complete with your captions. Start with Steve's recommendations--go to the homepage of this website, and then click non "Digicam Software".

By all means, make backups (on CD-ROM) of the photos you want to keep. Ask yourself how disappointed you'd be if your hard drive decide to call it quits today and you lost all the photos. Or accidentally delete the files.

Good luck!
Hyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2003, 5:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Can I save a slideshow onto CD? Any suggestions would be wonderful!!! I resisted going digital because I love having my photos in a photo album, sitting around with friends and looking through the books.
Check this out: There's a new Dazzle card reader that takes a card and puts pics out to your TV set, they also include software to burn a dvd as a slideshow. This isn't the exact model but check out their site for the TV out version. It comes with a remote, so you can still sit in your chair and share pics with your friends! I'm sure Steve featured it, but I can't find it. Best of all you get the card utils to fix a broken card format.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_...zzle_6in1.html
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2003, 7:46 PM   #4

Thanks guys!!!!! I knew ya'll could help!!!!

Tina
Houston, Texas
:lol: :lol: :lol:
imzaxmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2003, 8:23 AM   #5

imzaxmom

I have a freeware slide show program that I can email you. Email me and I will send it to you.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2003, 3:58 AM   #6

Irfan View is one of the best slide show viewers I know and even a good basic editor. It's free, just plug "Irfan" into your Explorer address line.
birdy7 is offline   Reply With Quote