Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 24, 2005, 5:53 PM   #1

Hey people,

I have narrowed down my selection and am almost certain to go with the Fuji Finepix S5200. I know all about the specs, the ISO and the anti-blur mode. I would just like someone's opinion on the image quality. Are the photos well saturated and sharp?

Thanks
tennisforums is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2005, 1:24 PM   #2

I have had my 5200 about a month now, and I must say I love it. I have had much less (throw away) pics with this camera than any other I have owned (5th Digicam). I have no quibbles with he photos, other than the very ocasinal AF picked the wrong spot to focus on (it's the camera, not me, I swear). It's low light capabilities are outstanding! Sure it is not a dSLR, but I have no complaints (OK other than the position of the zoom buttons, but even that is not a big deal). If I had to do it all over again, I would buy it again, something I can't say for my 1st, 2nd and 4th digicam. I have had a lot comments on how "true" the colors look, and I have been pretty much using auto modes up to this point. I tend to like the colors a tad on the vibrent side, but have not gone "Humm, the colors could use a little toouching up) on a photo as of yet. But then again, what do I know, I am just your average Joe Blow with a camera.
fofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 2:13 AM   #3

tennisforums wrote:
Quote:
Hey people,

I have narrowed down my selection and am almost certain to go with the Fuji Finepix S5200. Are the photos well saturated and sharp?

Thanks
Yes, they are. I've just made a few 8 X 10 prints of some of my better shots and they came out so well you can't distinguish them from prints made by a good 35mm film camera. The detail, the color and low-to-no visible noise are excellent. I have half a dozen or so of these prints framed and hanging on my office wall, and they look great.

Go with the S5200 - great camera. You won't be sorry.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 3:47 AM   #4

Thanks guys. I ended up going for the Fuji a couple of weeks ago anyways. I'm very impressed and happy so far.
tennisforums is offline   Reply With Quote