Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 9, 2006, 5:51 PM   #1

I 'm looking for suggestions on a good, no great book to read. My goal is to get more familiar with the lingo of digital cameras and how it pertains to my shooting. I think I'm pretty good at composition of shots. It's all the technical jargon that I get lost in. My brain just isn't good at absorbing that kind of info and utilizing it well.¬* ¬*Thanks and I'm looking forward to your suggestions...
tech challenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2006, 7:45 PM   #2

Try this out:

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2006, 12:00 PM   #3

Thank you Terry, I haven't had a chance to really search through that site yet, but it really looks like it will help me out.¬* ¬*I also came across this site with free classes (info) also, it's a bit advanced for my use, but maybe of use to more technical shooters. So here's the web address for anyone interested-¬* http://ir.webphotoschool.com¬* ¬*¬* ¬*¬* ¬*¬* ¬*¬* ¬*I was really hoping to get some suggestions for a book in print that I could use. So if anyone has any great suggestions, I'm still shopping.[img]/forums/images/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:05 PM   #4

Hi,

There is a book that I located, a little while back (in the Dummy Book Series) titled "The Digital Photography - All In One Book". I thought that it had a lot of helpful information in it (though more on the basic side), which was written in a very understandable manner. I know that there are better, floating around out there, but this one has provided some very good information to me.
NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 11:04 PM   #5

NLAlston, Thanks, but when I searched for that title in Amazon, nothing was found. Do you happen to have the exact title?
Old Jan 21, 2006, 12:16 AM   #6

tech challenged wrote:
Quote:
NLAlston, Thanks, but when I searched for that title in Amazon, nothing was found. Do you happen to have the exact title?
TC,

Here is the title & author:

"Digital Photography All-In-One Desk Reference / 2nd edition (Wiley).

'hope this helps.
NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote