Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Feb 10, 2006, 2:29 PM   #1

Gents,

first time digicam owner. The question I have is will loud noise in any way do harm to my Sony DSC-w5? I am a shooter and would like to photograph my sessions at the rifle range.

Will setting the volume to the lowest setting prevent overload?

Any tips are most welcome.

Thanks.

Gee guys, 38 views and no responses! It it that no one has an opinion or is because I'm a gun owner?
dabronxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2006, 12:41 PM   #2

Not familiar enough with the cam to be able to say. In most cases, if the noise is louder than the mic can manage, it won't damage it, but will cut off above a certain level. Unless you are exposing the camera to the muzzle blast, I wouldn't expect any problems. If you are shooting something .300 Mag or heavier with muzzle brake, you might want to keep the camera shielded.

When the weather gets a bit warmer here, I am going to try out a home-brew sound trigger for my camera, with which I hope to catch bullet flight from my black powder revolver.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 2:17 PM   #3

Thank you sir for the reply. After reading your note, it would seem to make sense to me.
dabronxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 1:42 AM   #4

i'm not a photographer but i want to take the most wonderful shots with my family and relatives this coming april, that's why i borrowed my cousin's DMC-L1 i ask him to assist me how to use it but he didn't make it because he's in a hurry for out of town during the day he lend me his cam, i don't know how to use it please help me so i may use it like a pro =(...

dggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 6:15 AM   #5

dabronxer wrote:
Quote:
Gents,

first time digicam owner. The question I have is will loud noise in any way do harm to my Sony DSC-w5? I am a shooter and would like to photograph my sessions at the rifle range.

Will setting the volume to the lowest setting prevent overload?

Any tips are most welcome.

Thanks.

Gee guys, 38 views and no responses! It it that no one has an opinion or is because I'm a gun owner?
No, but a CANON might:lol:
geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote