Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Feb 16, 2006, 3:56 PM   #1

i used macro and someone told me that i can macro not only on 35 mm

that i can get it from like 5 cm and then play the mm like in 300 mm i can do macro from same spot but the camera dont focus not even manually anyone know what can i do? how do i play with the lens mm while macro at close objects? thx...
yaronyud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2006, 10:37 PM   #2

Basic answer is, you can't. You can focus at a couple of inches at wide angle, but the lens won't focus that close the more zoom. At the max 420mm you have to be around 7 feet away. I found that you can't zoom in very much before you have to back up quite a lot.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2006, 6:29 PM   #3

i heard if u put some filter or dunno how it called then it can focus like instead 5 cm it can focus from like 3 cm or even 1 all i need is something to put on...

u might know what it called?

yaronyud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 12:00 AM   #4

for the FZ30, you can get a close-up lens that will let you focus at about 12" and still use full 12x zoom. it's a Nikon lens, and you can get one of several versions. the FZ30 has 55mm front threads on the lens, and the Nikon CU lenses are either 52mm or 62mm. i'd go with the 52, and get a 55-52mm step-down ring. with that set-up, you'll want either the Nikon 3T, which is 1.5 diopter, or the 4T, which is 2.9. the 4T is twice as stong. either one will let you focus the camera from about 12" away and still use full zoom. works great.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 1:25 AM   #5

what kind of cam with high resolution would you recommend to me that can be use during rainy season beacuse i want to take shots with my friends under the rain, in order for me to fully capture my subject without the rain blocking or blurring it? i think its fun.:|
dggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 5:50 PM   #6

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
for the FZ30, you can get a close-up lens that will let you focus at about 12" and still use full 12x zoom. it's a Nikon lens, and you can get one of several versions. the FZ30 has 55mm front threads on the lens, and the Nikon CU lenses are either 52mm or 62mm. i'd go with the 52, and get a 55-52mm step-down ring. with that set-up, you'll want either the Nikon 3T, which is 1.5 diopter, or the 4T, which is 2.9. the 4T is twice as stong. either one will let you focus the camera from about 12" away and still use full zoom. works great.
Amen and roger that. Not long ago I asked the same thing. Got the same answer. Bought the 4t. Problem solved.

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote