Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 27, 2003, 12:20 PM   #1

Default Which Software to Use?

I have a Canon S400 and an Epson 925. The software that comes with these are basic and limited. I have Photoshop 6.0 but haven't learned how and when to use it.

I am looking for a software package that will do the following: 1. Allow me to download images from my camera or from the printer which has card slots for Compact Flash. 2. Allow me to see thumbnail and exploded views of photos 3. Do basic editing of the image 4. crop and or resize the photo while maintaining the proper aspect ratio. 5. Allow for access to the printer setup dialog so I can set proper paper type and boarderless printing for my printer. 6. Allow "size to fit" option so I can get boarderless prints.
7. Make changes to contrast, and color and brightness of image.

So is this too much to ask for? Is there any good software that can do these things and maybe more that I haven't thought of?

Thanks!

Grabber
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2003, 12:58 PM   #2

Hi,

Try ACDSee 5.0 this is an amazing package.

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2003, 4:31 PM   #3

Thanks Frank,
I'm looking over their product now on the internet. I'm also reading reviews to see if this is what I am looking for.

Matt
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2003, 7:34 PM   #4

I suggest jasc paint shop pro version 8 public beta edition. I don't know how good it is comparatively as it is the only photoediting software i have, but its free, so you may as well try it and see if it fits your needs. There was a link to the download sight on cnet.com in the scrolling news box in the camera section, but it was awhile ago so you have to scroll down a little.
ardvark50 is offline   Reply With Quote