Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 29, 2003, 5:35 AM   #1

Default I need advice for choosing camera for my scuba activities

I am really newbie in digital photoraphy, and just bought my G3, it's nice for me indeed although I must learn much how to expert it, but my problem, I cannot bring my G3 for my scuba activities, off course before I choose G3, I can choose s45 instead, but I need its swiveling LCD, can you guys suggest me which camera shall I buy for my scuba thing, did this camera also have good macro capabilities, my budget around $500-$750, thanks

sorry for my English
nis_daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2003, 7:42 AM   #2
NHL

Quote:
...I cannot bring my G3 for my scuba activities, off course before I choose G3, I can choose s45 instead, but I need its swiveling LCD...
The most important equipment for scuba is the underwater case... and one that can accomodate a swiveling LCD is even harder to find! I believe the Olympus brands are the most popular not only in that there's a lot of underwater cases available for them (ie a wide price range), but also the AA NiMh batteries (ie greater capacity @ 2100mAh) that theses camera use greatly enhance their underwater endeavor. (ie no need to change the batteries with a wet suit)

An inexpensive snorkeling case do not go deep enough to allow contrasty pictures with flash (unless one dives under a rock formation to use it as light shield)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2003, 2:31 AM   #3

Default I'm agree

Yes indeed olympus has many price range and good case for underwater activities, it equipped with swivelling lcd too , but the problem was it's has to many noise, i'm afraid it will affect me while I'm doing photography, Do you agree?
advice,comment
nis_daniel is offline   Reply With Quote