Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

View Poll Results: Which do you think is a better overall camera?
Nikon CP4500 2 50.00%
Canon a70 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 31, 2003, 9:40 PM   #1

Default canon a70 or nikon cp4500?

My office depot currently has the nikon cp4500 with a 128 mb cf card for 500 after mail in rebate (and I don't think this includes nikon's 50 rebate). Before I buy however, I was wondering whether this or the a70 would work better for me. I intend to use this camera from everthing from portraits to action shots plus everything in between since I will be taking pictures mainly for my journalism class and my own uses. What I liked about the a70 is the movie mode, canon digic processor, larger lcd and aa batteries as for the 4500 i liked the 4x zoom, macro mode, 4mp, tons of accessory lenses, uncompressed tiff format, cf2 and microdrive support and more options in af. The price difference is inconsequential as after buying a set of nimh, a mem card and a lense adapter to allow the use of add-on lenses, the canon will cost about as much as the nikon. Which would you suggest and why?
ardvark50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2003, 2:37 PM   #2

Seeing has no on has replied yet, I would also like to add that i like the a70's af illuminator and the cp4500's ability to accept external flashes
Old Apr 1, 2003, 5:46 PM   #3
SSD

I would go for the A70. I tested both in the local camera store and the images were better from the 4300. Plus it takes AA batteries unlike the 4300.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2003, 10:31 PM   #4
Administrator

As of today Nikon has a $200 rebate on the cp4500 so I guess we know which one you'll buy now :shock:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/digin...ml#nikonrebate

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2003, 12:18 AM   #5

It seems that the office depot mail in rebate is actually the nikon one (of course they can't put that in their ad!). Also, for some reason I forgot to mention the s414, but considering that after rebate the cp4500 is cheaper at buydig.com, it's a moot point anyway. I think I will probably order the cp4500 this week (as it has the most connectivity options by far of any non slr digicam and seems to be a great overall camera) from buydig, thnx for all of your help!
Old Apr 10, 2003, 9:50 AM   #6

Does anybody know of a place that will ship the camera with the rebate overseas?
madman is offline   Reply With Quote