Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jul 7, 2002, 12:49 AM   #1

Default Which camera?

I have been reading many reviews and camera shopping for about three months. I thought that I had got my list down to a few choices. I was looking into the Olympus 4040 and even considered holding out for the E-10 or 20. Then, I spoke with a gentleman from Ritz Camera and he told me he doesn't recommend Olympus as they have the hightest rate of returns for repairs. Is this true? I thought about the Canon G2 and even wondered about the new Nikon 5700? I do want a hot shoe so that I can attach a flash when needed. A zoom lens would be nice as I like to take all types of photographs. The guy at Ritz wanted me to consider the Minolta camera and Canon printer. I even looked at Sony's but wasn't sure how limited I would be having to use a memory stick only. Also, I currently have an Epson 880 printer and I must say the photo prints lack some quality even on the highest setting. Can anyone recommend a printer that doesn't cost a fortune. I appreciate any feedback that anyone has to offer.
Sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2002, 5:33 PM   #2

Default Have you looked at the Nikon 4500?

Take a good look at the Coolpix 4500. I ordered one and have played with it almost every day of the week at my dealer.

It has a fantastic macro, tons of accessories including telephoto lenses, fisheye slide copier and a soon to be released "Cool Light" for macro work.

The swivel is something that you would love, and it's flexibility is superb. The features are hard to beat!
Ben Hoog. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2002, 3:19 PM   #3

I appreciate your reply and will go tomorrow to check it out plus do some research on the web! Have a great day - and thanks again!
Sunny is offline   Reply With Quote