Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Apr 5, 2003, 10:23 PM   #1

Default Choosing between Canon A-70 and Pentax Optio 330-GS

Hello there, i'm new to this digital camera stuff, i have narrowed down my option to the last two. Canon A-70 or Pentax Optio 330-GS, they both are 3 MP. Any idea which one should i buy?

the other day i went and check the user reviews from CNet.com, and most of them recommend that Pentax Optio 330-GS is much more better than Canon A-70 is this true????

Any body can give any idea ???
thanks
h_tony11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2003, 4:57 AM   #2

can't anybody give me an idea please???? :?:

i'm really need some help for buying my first digi-cam

any comment will be appreciate it a lot
thanks
Old Apr 15, 2003, 5:35 AM   #3
NHL

Just another thing to consider: four AA's last longer than two (except it'll make the camera slighly larger!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2003, 5:45 AM   #4

I don't have anything against the technicals of the Canon A70. It looks like a fine piece of technology.

But when I held it, it just felt wrong. The zoom switch was too stiff, the shutter button was positioned strangely, and in all the shape just didn't fit my hand.

This is interesting because other cameras like the Fuji S602 and Nikon 5700 have the same general shape and fit me like a glove. If I didn't actually handle the Canon I'd probably consider it as my next digicam.

What I'm getting at is that specs can only tell you so much. The sample pictures around the web can definitely tell you more, but you are not going to get the whole picture until you actually touch the camera.

Well, that's just one of the things I'm getting at, I think. Another is that it all boils down to figuring out what the deal-maker is. Is it featureset? Is it aesthetics (big one for yours truly)? Is it cost? If you can figure this out, the choice is easy.

(I should really stop posting from work... I'm just looking for a reason to blab)
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2003, 8:15 AM   #5

sorry to ask this question guys, but how about a comparison between

Powershot A70 with IXUS V3???
coz i was just about to buy the powershot A70 but mygirlfriend said its better to get the IXUS V3??? because the price tag only has a $170 Australian Dollar which not bad right.

what i've found out is that the differences is the battery and the optical zoom.

i dont know about the quality of the picture.

ANy suggestion???? or ANy comment please???

thanks
Old Apr 19, 2003, 1:56 AM   #6

I'm pretty sure the ixus v3 is the equivalent of the s230 in the us. If this is true, the a70 has more manual features and is built to take add-on lenses, whereas the v3 is mainly a powerful point and shoot that can only take add-on lenses with a special adapter that i've only seen at ckcpower.com (don't know if they ship to australia, but since they don't seem to be a huge heartless corporation ala amazon.com, they just might). So you have to ask yourself, will you ever want to use manual settings, or do you just want a no fuss, affordable, compact p&s.
ardvark50 is offline   Reply With Quote