Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jul 7, 2002, 11:41 AM   #1

Default Which one - Oly D40Z or C3030Z

Want to buy a new Olympus. Have an older D-450Z (1.3) and want to upgrade to a 3 or 4 mp. Prefer Oly and narrored search to D40Z, C3030, or maybe C4040. Sister (has D40Z) told me getting a 4mp camera is mostly useless because pics too large for emailing (which I do a lot of). She uses D40Z on 3mp setting most of time and is an avid "family" photographer. Whats your opinion??
jdingwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2002, 11:51 AM   #2

Default Correction

In the above post I meant C-3020Zoom not 3030.
jdingwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2002, 6:21 AM   #3

I have owned a C3030Z for about two years now. Before purchase i did a lot of research and all the reviews were pointing to the C3030Z as the best option at the time. I have to say I was extremely impressed from day one and have no regrets about buying this camera.

I would agree, that you would not want to email 3mg pictures, but all you need to do is either set the camera in a lower resolution mode (more pics per memory card !) or alternatively trim down the resolution with your imaging software before emailing.

But if you do want high quality pics, set it to SHQ or TIFF mode and you will be amazed at the quality.

The C3030Z is so easy to use in fully auto mode and produces good results every time, but for even better results, get used to using the manual settings.
Geoff T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2002, 10:29 PM   #4

Might want to look at the 3040, much better lens f1.8, remote control and more. Camedia that comes with cam will resize pics, I drop them to 640x480 for email. quick and mindless to do, shoot big, resize and sve with new name your reduced. Also the lastest version of camedia 4.0 pro lets you drag and drop multiple big pics for priting on single sheet of paper. dose the resize itself.
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote