Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old May 22, 2006, 1:20 PM   #1

I got this camera a week ago and when I try to connect the AV cable to the player and TV out cables, it does not show the TV picture on the lcd screen. So I cannot record a tv show to the player. I returned it thinking it was a faulty AV input. When I tried the new one, it did the same thing. The new camera cable also has a third input for going into the TV. and the round button in the middle of the camera is silver instead of blue. Maybe I got a refurbished camera this time. I have the setting on the N__? one for America, and not the PAL one. So I'm not sure what I'm not doing right. has anyone else had this problem? Thanks
Jadama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22, 2006, 3:04 PM   #2

This forum here at Steve's Digicams is the place you may post you question and ask for help:

"Hybrid Still/ Movie/ MP3 digicams" (go down the list of forums to the last of "Digital Cameras" and you'll find it)

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_forum.php?id=92

Good luck.
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2006, 6:05 PM   #3

I went through the whole list, I don't see one with Digital Cameras as a topic. I see the link is for Digital Cameras then Hybrid/Still/movie/mP3? etc... Can you please put the link to exactly where the topic is? I found one guy who's topic was he "didn't see this question posted here"... but reading the replies to it, still did not help. I can't believe I could get two different camera's both with a defective cable. I just don't know why the TV shows will not show up on the camera's lcd screen so I can record. It seems so simple in their reference guide, but it just doesn't work, not on any of the 4 TV's I have in my house.
Jadama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2006, 8:21 PM   #4

Unfortunately there is no specific forum for "Aiptek" cameras here at Steve's. The forum I mentioned includes all the hybrid cameras with no specific brandnames listed. There are a lot of Aiptek and Mustek users there, that is why you should go there. I am not an Aiptek user and I don't follow the threads in that forum. I am merely pointing you to a more appropriate place to look and/or ask questions.

If you can't find the exact answer in that forum after searching through the threads (with the "Search" function), I suggest you post your question there and see if anyone can help. Make sure you post the brandname (Aiptek) and specific model (in case there is more than one model called "MPVR").
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote