Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old May 13, 2003, 11:05 PM   #11

jsmeeker

I believe they have changed their policy about that recently.

A quick check on their web page let me here:
http://www.pbase.com/paypal.html

They are also working on a direct credit card system, but that isn't working yet. Personally, paypal is conceptually the system that I always imagined would exist... but then want horribly wrong in the implementation. I'll never use it. Even if it got some competition, (which it needs desparately) and paypal cleaned up its act I'd still never use it.
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2003, 9:27 PM   #12

Check out http://www.boomspeed.com Boomspeed offers free upgradable accounts. If you decide to upgrade you pay by CC They have been around for years & are very reliable.

If you need an album Nikon & suspect most other camera companies have them available free.

HTH Susie

CP5700 etc
susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2003, 1:54 PM   #13

so what do you people use these sites for? i'd quickly go beyond 100MB, but it would be useful to have my pictures available for others to look at.
frogster220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2003, 2:01 PM   #14

I only really use it to show others' my pics.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2003, 2:14 PM   #15

Quote:
I only really use it to show others' my pics.
Got to keep people laffing.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2003, 3:44 PM   #16

I use the hosting sites when posting to discussion boards. That way whaen discussing an item or what we are doing with a truck etc, I can give an illustration.

Also a lot of people are still on dial-up. They do not appreciate their email in-box getting clogged with large pix files. Send a link & they can check out your pix on line.

HTH Susie
susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2003, 4:43 PM   #17

www.clubphoto.com is a free posting site that limits you to 90 days and 800 X 600 JPGs. They have two levels of upgrade that lift those limits.

www.ofoto.com offers free posting without size limits, but has a maximum total storage limit.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2003, 7:24 PM   #18

Default Re: websites for posting pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefank
Hi All

Are there any websites out there other than www.webshots.com, that allow posting of pics online.

If so is there anything to choose between them and does anyone have any reccomendations.

thanks

stef

Everyone has their favorites, you can see an example of Club Photo and how it works by clicking on the link at the bottom of my page here.

If you want to see pictures on the Sony site, totally free and allows fully enlarged pictures, completely unlimited bandwith, try this link
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?i...33&mode=invite

They will still require that you join/register but you may as well. Then send a link to your Favorites so you can get back easily.
What Sony does NOT have is a slideshow feature, that is one of the drawbacks but not a bad tradeoff for a place to store big pictures on an unlimited scale with no time limits.

Ofoto gives you small pics, but a slideshow. So what I would say to you is that you might want to join more than one.
pjallittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2003, 10:57 PM   #19

I use

http://www.fotopic.net/

250MB of free space. I also have contacted their technical staff on a couple of bugs and they were extremely quick to get back to me.
The only problem that I have found, is that even though I upload my original images, they recompress them (even when viewing at original size) so jpg artifacts are more noticeable when viewed on the site.
jazcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2003, 12:33 AM   #20

"steve6"]Most charge if you want certain facilities or more space.

However check this out - www.photoshare.co.nz, it's as free as it gets.

How do you figure this is as 'free as it gets" when they impose a charge of $6.00 US per 50MB. SonyImage is completely and absolutely free, unlimited bandwith, no time limit and allows big, big, you can go hog wild and that's what I call FREE
pjallittle is offline   Reply With Quote