Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old May 6, 2003, 2:27 PM   #1

Default which camera should i go for ............. plz help

i have posted before and many told me to go for the canon S45 , but i took a look at it and it was a bit bigger , than i wanted , so i was hopin that u could tell me camera which would suit my requirement :-
it should be compact as i want a camera which could be carried wid me where i go(hikin mainly) , the pic quality should be good , should be fast in takin pics one after the other , i mainly want it for indoor uses and takin pics of landscape,flowin rivers,flowers(macro)........ , good battery life , i dont thin soo ill be requrin alot of manual controls , but wouldnt mind havin them . i have some cameras in mind such as the canons S400 , casios QV-R4 , olympus digital stylus 400 - which one do suggest i should go for or u could suggest one or should i stick to the canons S45 . plz help me ,im frustared readin the reviews of the cameras coz if one site sayz the cameras good the other sayz its not that good ,dunno wat to listen to
twelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2003, 2:38 PM   #2
SSD

Check out the Canon A70. It is smaller than the S45 and has auto and manual controls.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2003, 3:44 PM   #3

If you don't mind the loss of manual controls, go for the s400. I don't know about the other cameras, but if you feel that the s45 is too big to the point where it will be hassle for you to bring it with you, then there is absolutely no point in buying is since you eventually will stop bringing it with you and miss tons of great photo ops.
ardvark50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2003, 5:27 AM   #4

I did buy a Olympus C4000Zoom last week, really like it.
lars-erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2003, 8:41 AM   #5

the olympus C4000 zoom is even bigger than the canons S45 . i also saw the canons A70 - it was a good camera but i diint like that shape , it is also a bit thicker than the S45 . the only thin i saw in A70 that impressed me was the shutter speed as its max shutter speed was 1/2500 and S45 was 1/1500 , isnt that a hell alot of a difference ??? plz need some more suggestions ........................
Old May 8, 2003, 7:07 PM   #6
SSD

What about the Nikon Coolpix 4300?
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2003, 4:13 AM   #7

if you're going to use to for hiking and other outdoor activities you might want to go the Olympus Stylus series. it has an all metal casing (I think) and it can stand weather (like light rain) that other digital cameras can't.
gokou1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2003, 6:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD
What about the Nikon Coolpix 4300?
it was a good camera but it has a plastic body and hence not in favour of takin this camera , plus dont like that shape - the lens protrude out , want a camera with a flat face
Old May 13, 2003, 5:07 PM   #9

ppl plz help by givin ya suggestions , really really need them
Old May 13, 2003, 10:07 PM   #10

I'm getting the Coolpix 4500, only $400 + tax after the rebate (tax on the original $600). It has an amazing macro and has a strong metal body... the battery isn't great, but you can buy a long-lasting external pack for $40 or so.

Jeremy
airplanenut is offline   Reply With Quote