Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jul 1, 2006, 8:07 AM   #1

Hi-
I work for WowBB and first of all let me say that the steve's digicams forum is legendary, the one we show off when someone asks "how large can a WowBB forum get?".

I have a digital usb microscope, a scalar proscope with a 50X lens that I am using in an industrial application. I have discovered that it is actually a "Divio" usb cam and I have found other software that does work with it.

Here is the problem-because of the way the camera is mounted on the machine the image shows 90 degrees. I have found a registry entry in the divio pc-camera software that lets me mirror it and flip it 180 but I need something that will rotate it 90 degrees counterclockwise.

I can turn the entire screen 90 with the vid card but the mouse becomes impossible to navigate with at that point.

Does anyone know of a simple routine or some simple software that I can rotate the image with while it is being displayed?

Thanks-
Jim
Jim from Wow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2006, 9:53 AM   #2

At least I don't feel as dumb now, 300 bazillion people on this board and nobody has an instant solution :-)

Thanks for looking and if anyone comes up with an idea I would be grateful-

Jim
Old Jul 3, 2006, 10:07 AM   #3
Administrator

That's a tough one Jim.

The "Digital Microscope" thread title may not be attracting enough attention from members that know a lot more about video than I do (and I have no idea how to rotate it in real time).

So, I'll change it to something else to see if that helps out.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2006, 10:22 AM   #4

Thanks Jim.

I can flip and mirror but can't seem to rotate 90.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 11:09 AM   #5

I think the term "simple" is what is going to cause you a problem.

The simplest solution we used was a Matrox RT.X100 Xtreme Prohttp://ftcshop.stores.yahoo.net/matrtxtrempr.html which is a hardware/software relatively expensive ($1000)solution and added onto Adobe Premiere Pro which is, in itself, expensive. You are trying to maneuver a whole bunch of bytes/pixels, and that takes time. "Real time", without rendering, takes hardware.

Hope this helps, but the above is the limit of my poor pro video knowledge as I personally do no video at the pro level - only at the duffer level!
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote