Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:50 PM   #1

got a olympus e500 slr ..can i put other lens... (BRAND NAME) THANKS....
denden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 30, 2006, 12:28 AM   #2

Sigma has a few lenses that will fit an Olympus, Tamron has about 8 lenses in its "Adaptall" series that will fit Olympus, but you have to buy an Adaptall adapter mount for your camera ($58.95 street price) to mount them. You only need one adapter, though, even if you buy more than one lens.

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 7:28 PM   #3

thanks.. for the info ....i am glad to have found this site.... any tip for a newbi.... mercie... thanks again.
denden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:54 PM   #4

There are also adapters that allow old Olympus OM (and perhaps some other brand) lenses to be used but you will have to manual focus.Being a four-thirds mount the aftermarket availability of third-party lenses is not what it is for APS size sensor cameras. But then that was the marketing direction Olympus took; a system designed for digital rather than borrowed from film. That statement is NOT intended to rekindlean old debate...it's been beaten to death. While the Olympus system has created some superb Zuiko lenses, they've left themselves behind when it comes to third-party accessories. Rather than adapters I would suggest 1) use the Zuiko lenses or 2) use Sigma or other brands specifically designed for the Olympus mount.
stowaway7 is offline   Reply With Quote